Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create weather data by myself

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
1432 Views, 3 Replies

create weather data by myself

i am trying to use Ecotect now. i know the most important factor for this program is the accurate weather data. i can get lots of them on the official website or other resources, however, most of the locations are still unavailable now. i try to convert or create it by myself, and therefore, i contect with the local weather bureau for the basic weather information. of course, i got some useful, but it's not enough to create the weather data for Ecotect.

It only provides "global solar radiation" rather "direct solar radiation" or "diffuse solar radiation". I checked the official website and got the information about the key elements for creating weather data from beginning. It shows that both of the data about "direct solar radiation" and "diffuse solar radiation" are necessary for that.

Is it possible to create weather data by myself if i have no information about direct and diffuse solar radiation?

Actually, i tried to fill in the data of global solar radiation and other necessaries, but the result was wrong, i think.

The document attached is the print screen.

best regards,

Josh
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

In the Weather Tool I think you can create simulated clear-sky solar data.

Open your unfinished weather file, go to the Hourly Data tab, click 'Edit Hourly Data' and then choose 'Clear Sky Radiation...' button in the hourly data dialog.

This will give you simulated clear-sky data for your wetaher file's location. Thus, check you have set the right lat/lng in the Location Data tab first.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

thanks for your help.

Actually, I know this function in that converting process.

However, i think the result of solar condition from that is not accurate, right? If i just wanna analysize the shading condition, it's enough for that. But, if i wanna do the thermal simulation, i think the accurate weather data is necessary, especially the solar radiation part, isn't it?

It's my problem that if i only had the data of "global solar radiation", how can i get the accurate weather data for Ecotect simulation? now, i can make the shading simulation but i can't make the accurate thermal simulation, because of the lack of diffuse or direct solar radiation.

any suggestion for that?

best regards,

Josh
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

there are many websites that you can download tmy data sets. such as http://apps1.eere.energy.gov/buildings/energyplus/cfm/weather_data.cfm

there you can download epw files and convert to wea files under the weather tool.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report