Comparison of the results of analyzes

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
580 Views, 3 Replies

Comparison of the results of analyzes

Hello

I try to compare results of energy anlyzes between Ecotect, Green Buiding Studio and Heating and cooling loads in Revit. I try to find some common point to be sure that properies which I set among importing building from revit to ecotect are corect. In ecotect is a lot of properties to set, so it is easy to make some mistake. 

Monthly heating load in December from ecotect is the same thing as energy for heating from monthly chart in GBS? 

How can I check Peak Heating Load in ecotect, i have such possition in heating and cooling report in revit. 

Do you have some ideas how to check this.May be there is some parameter to compare results? 

Regards, 

Thank you for repilies. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Pennetier1
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello as123dfg, 

Unfortunately, you cannot quite compare the energy consumption results from Ecotect and GBS.

Ecotect only simulates heat losses and gains from your thermal zones, whereas GBS assumes there is a mechanical system that will deal with these loads and will report the energy use from such mechanical system, which can be quite different from simple heating and cooling loads that a mechanical system will have to deal with.  There are no mechanical system settings in Ecotect, despite the "Full Air conditioning" setting you see - this is just to tell Ecotect to calculate the monthly heating and cooling loads, rather than a comfort simulation as if choosing "natural Ventilation".  The other settings pertaining to the mechanical system are there to export to other tools such as E+.

This is because Ecotect does not want to assume any specific mechanical system - there are so many - and instead gives you the loads such a system would have to deal with. The overall energy use, as reported by GBS, will take into account these same loads, plus the efficiency of the chosen system.

See the Monthly Loads/Discomfort help page for more info:

Space Loads.jpg

In Ecotect, the peak heating load corresponds to the "Max Heating" in the MONTHLY HEATING/COOLING LOADS report.  This is the peak heat loss occurring during the year.

I hope this makes some sense.

Cheers,

Olivier A. PENNETIER

SYMPHYSIS

www.symphysis.net

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Pennetier1

Thank You for quick reply! Now I understand the difference.
Message 4 of 4
Mohammad_Asl
in reply to: Anonymous

Please see this post to learn about the way that you can get Heating and Cooling loads from Revit energy analysis and GBS website which might help to cover the GBS side of this question. 

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Green-Building-Studio/Some-questions-about-report/m-p/5203077/highligh...

Mohammad Asl
High Performance Building Design Researcher
Autodesk, Inc.
Insight360.support@autodesk.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report