Community
EAGLE Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s EAGLE Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular EAGLE topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gerber regular polygon (ADD<nr>P,... vs. ADD<nr>OC8,...)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
tmulzer
287 Views, 2 Replies

Gerber regular polygon (ADD<nr>P,... vs. ADD<nr>OC8,...)

Now the first Gerber-files created with EAGLE8.6/7 pop up in our production ..

WHY did you stop using the OC8-macro and begin using the regular polygon from Gerber-spec in your CAM-output?

Yes .. it's in the specification.

but .. NO .. my film plotter doesn't support it!

Maybe, I'm not the only one using an older film plotter from Barco (now UCAMCO).

Well - I found a workaround - replacing P with OC8 in my CAM-middleware. But that took me almost 3 hours to find out and solve after the first error in my RIP-Software.

But .. why? - the macro did work .. never touch a running system.

Kind regards,

Tasso

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
edwin.robledo
in reply to: tmulzer

Hi Tasso,

Thanks for posting on the forum, I am really sorry for the inconvenience. I would like to remind you that you can continue loading legacy CAM Jobs to produce the same Gerber files as you did in earlier versions of EAGLE.  The legacy CAM jobs continue to read and use the eagle.def for defined drivers.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Edwin

Edwin Robledo
Tech Marketing Manager
Message 3 of 3
C.Nicks
in reply to: edwin.robledo

From what I understand, I think he's saying that he was provided these files, and did not generate them. He may need to instruct his customers that they need to provide legacy gerbers.

I recently sent a set of new X2 gerbers to fabrication, and their software could not auto-recognize the format. The order was placed on hold until I provided them a set output in RS-274X format.

Note: I only changed the output format and did not have to use a legacy CAM job.

Best Regards,
Cameron

Eagle Library Resources

Kudos are much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others.
Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report