Community
EAGLE Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s EAGLE Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular EAGLE topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EAGLE version 8.0.1 released!

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
matt.berggren
3616 Views, 7 Replies

EAGLE version 8.0.1 released!

Hi Everyone!

We're excited to announce that EAGLE 8.0.1 is live! You can get it here.  For those that don’t already know, this is the first "point" release for EAGLE version 8, coming a few weeks after the release of the new Autodesk EAGLE.  This is the first step on a path toward a much more frequent release cycle where each new release includes additional feature development as well as fixes that might stand in the way of productivity.

With this release there's been a few notable features, updates, fixes, etc:

• Standard Edition now supports 4 signal layers (woohoo!)
  • Freeware users will only need to login when they get their license the first time, (and if/when they upgrade to subsequent versions of the software).  Other than that, you are welcome to work offline without need of an internet connection.
  • Made improvements to the mitering tool - namely, the mitering tool now closely follows the mouse cursor.
  • The spacebar will enable you toggle the start layer before you route (e.g. select the route command, watch the layers pulldown...now hit the Spacebar.  You’ll see the start layer changes in the Layers list at the top left of the workspace, without having to pick the layer from the list).
  • Proxy servers are now supported 

Some high visibility bug fixes:

• Using the spacebar while actively routing will now skip over signal layers that have been disabled (not displayed) through the Layer Settings.
  • Repainting errors when routing after moving objects are fixed.
  • We fixed a bug in the BGA router which a few users reported after the version 8 release.
  • ULP problems fixed on linux
  • Printing on linux has been fixed
  • Fixed UDP socket issue on Linux
  • Only when group is not empty the Delete key kicks off DELETE operations.

This is only a handful of what’s in this release.  We hope you really enjoy it and we look forward to your feedback.

Best regards,

Matt

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Awesome work!

I just downloaded the update and I notice on my Mac that it basically created a whole new installation in the applications folder. 

The new installation doesn't include the projects or libraries that I've added to Eagle 8.0.0 so it seems like a completely fresh install. I don't have an issue with this because I'm sure I can just import everything. Just wondering if there's a plan to move to the Fusion 360 style update system or at least have it automatically grab the contents of the previous version.

Loving the update 😄

~Brandon Robinson

Message 3 of 8

@brandonr496LKX9 wrote:

Just wondering if there's a plan to move to the Fusion 360 style update system or at least have it automatically grab the contents of the previous version.

I very much hope the former does NOT happen. I sometimes have to be able to go back to specific versions of EAGLE so if the updates just overwrote the previous version it would make that impossible. Also, what if an update broke something and you no longer had the installer to allow you to reinstall the older version? Yes you could probably get it from the support guys but you might have many hours of down time before they were available to help.

Best Regards,

Rachael

Message 4 of 8

@brandonr496LKX9 wrote:

I just downloaded the update and I notice on my Mac that it basically created a whole new installation in the applications folder. 

The new installation doesn't include the projects or libraries that I've added to Eagle 8.0.0 so it seems like a completely fresh install.

If you are adding your own projects/libraries into the main installation folder this is the cause of the issue. Have your own separate folder structure in your home folder and add those folders as additional paths in the directory setup in EAGLE. Then all your libraries and projects will still show up when you install a new version of EAGLE. I run EAGLE on a Mac too and have set it up this way and it works flawlessly and every time I update I can still see all my stuff.

Best Regards,

Rachael

Message 5 of 8
OTIDev
in reply to: matt.berggren

• Standard Edition now supports 4 signal layers (woohoo!)

thank you for this.. i was disappointed when i first saw that standard was only 2 layer.. i never use 4 layer but i like having it in my back pocket

Message 6 of 8
matt.berggren
in reply to: OTIDev

You're welcome!  There was some great feedback from the community and this just feels right.  Happy we could do it!

Message 7 of 8

Thanks a bunch for the solution.

I still prefer the other updating system 😛

~Brandon 

Message 8 of 8

@matt.berggren wrote:
  • We fixed a bug in the BGA router which a few users reported after the version 8 release.

@matt.berggrenI'm still having issues with the BGA auto router in 8.0.1 . surely this will bee 100% fixed in the next update, right? thanks!

I purchased  the license for EAGLE 8 mainly for the BGA auto router function, and for a little over a month I have not been able to use it.

-Scott

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report