Community
Maya Dynamics
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya dynamics topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XGen hair tube-based grooming?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1372 Views, 4 Replies

XGen hair tube-based grooming?

I have 2015 sp5 in an educational version. I am trying to use the tube based groomer with xgen hair.(1) I set a description, (2)I click tube groom in the primitives window. (3)I add open_ended cylinder geometry in the "tube based grooming ui". It shows up in the window. I get my Xes across my base geometry.(4) When I click "test" in guide spacing, nothing happens. The script editor says- no tube geometry selected.abort- can anybody give me suggestions as to what I am doing wrong.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

This is what my script editor reads:

// Error: XGen: No tube geometry selected. Abort. //
# Traceback (most recent call last):
# File "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2015\plug-ins\xgen\scripts\xgenm\ui\dialogs\xgTubeGroom.py", line 175, in testGuides
# num = mel.eval(cmd)
# RuntimeError: # Error occurred during execution of MEL script
line 1: XGen: No tube geometry selected. Abort.

Message 3 of 5
pshwayka

Just a thought - make sure your tube geometry has vertical divisions.  The first cylinder shown below will not work. The second one will.  

ThisWillNotWork.PNGThisWillWork.PNG

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: pshwayka

Thanks pshwayka,

I tried your sugestion with nurbs and it didn't work. I tried it with polygons and it worked. Thanks for taking the time to assist me with this issue.

Message 5 of 5
pshwayka

Glad you got it working!  Yes, indeed...those were polygon cylinders in the examples I provided.  I probably should have mentioned that...

Smiley Very Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report