Community
Maya Dynamics
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya dynamics topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xgen dynamic curves????

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
fothers1
394 Views, 2 Replies

Xgen dynamic curves????

when applying nhair curve dynamics to xgen, this works perfectly on the the first xgen description in the scene, but fails to work on any more other xgen descriptions???????? Dave.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
fothers1
in reply to: fothers1

More Info.

If the dynamic curves are alembic cached, then they will indeed update the current xgen discription correctly, so it appears that it is live mode which only works correctly on the first made description in the scene.  Any other descriptions in live mode for attached dynamic curves do not update in the viewport.

Message 3 of 3
santd
in reply to: fothers1

Hello,

Thank you for posting to the Area forums. I understand that you are experiencing issues when attaching a hair system onto multiple xgen descriptions.

I have been running tests on my end and have been able to replicate the issue as well. I have reported this to the development team so that they are aware and can work on a resolution.

Good thing that you are able to work around the issue by creating alembic cache of the curves.

Cheers,

David Santos

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report