Community
Maya Dynamics
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya dynamics topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

nParticles?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
malemolencia
286 Views, 7 Replies

nParticles?

I am trying to fill a polygon with nparticles (water), so that I can animate it. I have tried many tutorials, but i can get them inside the polygon. The object is very the and has an irregular shape.

Any help will  be greatly appreciated. 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pshwayka
in reply to: malemolencia

You already posted this question here. No need to open a new one.

Message 3 of 8
Anifex09

several ways to go about doing this.  What methods have you tried ?  Did you try using fill object with nParticles? If so you probable realized that once the liquid particles settle they become quite compact and only fill about 25 percent of the object.  I would never use nParticles to simulate fluid simple because of how many nparticles are needed and how slow meshing nparticles can be.  I need more information about the object you are trying to fill.

Message 4 of 8
malemolencia
in reply to: Anifex09

Hello Aniflex9.  I have tried to convert the polygon with ncloth before filling it with a liquid, but the particles appear to be on top of the object. They are also not covering the entire area.  I tried to play with the particle fill options, but it has not solved the problem. 

I have also tried to convert the polygon into a passive collider, but the results were the same. 

Screenshot 2016-06-25 08.36.48.png

Message 5 of 8
malemolencia
in reply to: pshwayka

Hello Pshwayka. I would like to keep this post please, because it has a reply.
Message 6 of 8
pshwayka

Okay. I'm not sure why he didn't reply to your original thread, but....whatever.

Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 8
Anifex09

I can't really make out what the polygon looks like from the image just send me a file containing the mesh you want to fill so I can tell you what I had to do to get it to fill. Have you tried reversing the normals - is the object air tight if not have you tried using the merge tool with a threshold of .001 with the entire model selected
Message 8 of 8
malemolencia
in reply to: Anifex09

Hello. I did try to upload it,but it didd accept the file format. I have added a dropbox link.  https://www.dropbox.com/s/3t90yd97759vvct/a.mb?dl=0  Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report