Community
Maya Dynamics
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya dynamics topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making nConstraint lines renderble?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
studiob12
1426 Views, 3 Replies

Making nConstraint lines renderble?

Hello everyone,

Sorry for the bad englisch, im not so good in it.

I have a huge problem.

I`m trying out for a long time, to make an effect like After Effects Plexus in Maya.

Please do not present me the coccoon node from the SOUP plugin. Yes it is something like Plexus, but the Geometry, that comes out of it is not very good. Also it is very slow.

I have find another idea to get the Plexus effect.

Just create an emitter and make a Component to Component nConstraint.

Thats it.

Whats so cool about it, is its mutithreadet. Coccoon is not.

And it is so easy to set up.

Mayby someone has here an idea to make the lines of the nConstraint renderble.

Maby with curves or simple zylinders between the particles.

Very nice would be a method with nHair, because you can make it dynamicly.

I hope someone can help.

Thanks for the effort in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
santd
in reply to: studiob12

Hello,

Thank you for posting to The Area Forums.

I came across this great example and also Gary Lam provides the python code for it. I think this is a great start to what you are attempting to accomplish:

http://vimeo.com/70773026

I hope that is helpful for a start.

Cheers,

David Santos

Message 3 of 4
studiob12
in reply to: santd

Oh thank you,

that may can be very helpful.

Cool.

Message 4 of 4
dancantwell
in reply to: studiob12

Hey Guys

I know this was posted some time ago but I'm sticking this up just in case anyone is looking for a viable option. Its labour intensive to a degree but given the time I have been looking for a plexus like effect in maya against the results I've actually found this is fast. If you use an nparticle emitter and emit particles orientated to a goal. The goal should be the shape you want your plexus like effect to be in. Once you have your particles use your particle instancer to attach a sphere to all your particles. Now that you have your sim with your sphere's, bake it out and remove your nDynamic sim such as your nucleus and so on. At this point draw SEPERATE EP curves between your sheres with a LINEAR setting. Once you have your curves drawn select them all and select control points. Select all of your control points and go to your create deformer menu set and click on point on curve. This will give you a locator at the start and end of each of your curves. Now parent constrain those locators to the spheres that they are at the centre of. At this point all your curves will now animate like plexus. Where ever your spheres go the curves will follow. All thats left to do is attach a paint effect tube to the curves which works well as you can animate the growth of the tubes so you will be able to animate the connections between the spheres. Manual I know but it works well. I have a scene thats 250 frames long with 5 blend shapes and it can be all rigged in less than a day so like I said given the poor info on plexus like effects in maya out there this is a good work around. If anyone wants me to clarify anything in this let me know.

Cheers

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report