Community
Maya Dynamics
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya dynamics topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a jet/spaceship engine flame?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
richeyb
4163 Views, 2 Replies

How to create a jet/spaceship engine flame?

Im trying to create a jet/spaceship engine flame in maya fluids using an object, im almost brand new to dynamics and cant find any tutorials to make a jet flame. Also i wanted to make it into a rectangle shape as it for a spaceship i modeled.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
pshwayka
in reply to: richeyb

I saw one on Digital Tutor's website recently called "Use Maya's nDynamics Framework to Create Stunning Simulations."  (It's a pay site, but you may be able to view it with a free trial membership.)

Otherwise, search for phrases like "nDynamics Maya Flame Tutorial" on YouTube...

Message 3 of 3
tsefreeflow
in reply to: richeyb

Does it have to be fluids? Is there going to be any smoke (space ships usually do not have smoke while in space)? Fluids is pretty straight forward and you could do it once you learned fluids. So even though you cannot find a "jet engine" flame tutorial you could use fluid tutorials to learn some fluids and apply what you learn to what you want. I have made many fires and played a bit with a spaceship exhaust for one class several years ago. One I used fluids for smoke and debris and lighting, but no Fire, and the other is just particles to simulate a jet engine afterburner (term used loosely).

Here is a link to the fluids one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ePGRccYVxc

The other is attached as an .mp4 zipped up. (Here you would take the particles into nuke or something and adjust them for brightness or whatever to better mimic an exhaust.)

Keep in mind this is just me playing and is nowhere near any resemblance of a completed or professional work. Just something for some ideas I figured might assist.

If you explain better what you are doing and maybe show the model, we could be further help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report