Community
Maya Dynamics
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya dynamics topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to a get wind effect through a wind?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
pumawhisperer
491 Views, 1 Reply

How to a get wind effect through a wind?

Hello, I am having a problem getting my scene to work properly. The set up is an indoor room with a open window with curtains around said window. What I am trying to do is have the curtains flutter due to wind coming through the open window. The problem is that no matter the method use (air field, nucleus wind, volume curve) I can't really get the effect cause the force goes straight through my wall as opposed to being blocked by the wall and only going through the open window. the wind also needs to move objects within the actual room. For example a hairy rug would need be ruffled a little, or the pages of a book flip.

I apologies if this has been asked before. 

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

first of all, all winblocking elements need to be passive collider (assuming you are using nCloth for the curtain) and part of the same nucleus solver. to make them block the wind you have to play with the "wind shadow distance" in the nRigidShape - wind field generation settings. than it should work as expected with the nucleus wind.

also everything else in your scene which should react to the same wind needs to be either nCloth or a passive collider.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report