Community
Maya Dynamics
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya dynamics topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Frustrating problem with fluid (fire)

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
tapper101
3330 Views, 4 Replies

Frustrating problem with fluid (fire)

I recently watched the course Create realistic fire & smoke with Maya 3D Fluids by Pankaj Malik, I watched it more than twice and I did EXACTLY the things he did and I used his exact attributes. Yet, he's getting smooth and tall flames, while I'm getting a tiny smoke explosion that just becomes a bunch of blocky and glowing particles at the base of the emitter.

Here is a render of my fluid fire:
http://imgur.com/a/CBp1H

3 renders in that link. Top 1 is the first step when the wooden sticks and planks (it's all one object though) starts burning, it looks pretty nice only that the flames aren't tall enough, they should be at east 10 times taller.. they are barely leaving the sticks. Second render is the strangle explosion of smoke and blocky particles (I assure you I have no particle emitter on my scene). Then after that quick explosion it returns to the state of just tiny, tiny flames around the object with some blocky particles in the air.

My initial reaction was that the flames are being pushed down or trapped. Smothered.

This is Pankaj's incredible fire, and what mine SHOULD look like:

http://imgur.com/EVgkwRv

I'll also take some screenshots of my fluid container and it's emitter's attributes, make and album of it and link to it down below:
http://imgur.com/a/qTMWc

Can anyone see what's causing my flames to behave like this? Do tell if you need more screenshots. 

Thank you for your time. 🙂 If anyone would give me an idea of what's wrong, I'd be so grateful. 

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
dbetan02
in reply to: tapper101

You should attach the file.

Try increasing your buoyancy.

Also, play with the Opacity and transparency in your shader.  That is what is affecting the color issues.  Make sure the color input is set to temperature.  Then play with the input bias on all the shader categories.

I also think your fluid attributes in your emitter are too high with density and fuel.  You should only need to increase the heat to get a flame.  Try bringing the density to zero and the fuel to zero and increase the heat/voxels/sec in the heat .... really increase the heat and give it another render.

I can't really give you much more unless I see the file.

Hope that helps

Message 3 of 5
tapper101
in reply to: dbetan02

Thanks for answering! I actually found the solution myself, you see I was using Maya 2012 and simply updating to 2014 fixed the whole thing. I didn't have to change anything, just open the same document in Maya 2014 and the flame was flawless.
I really don't understand why though.
Message 4 of 5
MayaGuru

Greetings.!!

I love that u like my Tutorial.

Get to me direct if you need any future asistance in Maya fluids

pankajmalik.maac@gmail.com

Thanks Autodesk for such great forum.

Message 5 of 5
rahulbisht216

I having some issue sir when i try to create fire in my scene my fluid shape size is 2 ,3,2 and spere size is .162 can u tell me why my object is not emitting density so good

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report