Community
Maya Dynamics
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya dynamics topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cracking an egg?

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
agirona2009
2075 Views, 1 Reply

Cracking an egg?

Hi. I have a little upcoming project involving a cracked open egg. I already know about the Shatter effect in Dynamics, but what I want is a nice crack straight down the middle. Here's a picture.

How do I use the Shatter effect to crack open the egg? And if anyone knows any alternative methods, do share! Also, I'm using Autodesk Maya 2015.Screen Shot 2014-05-02 at 2.52.27 PM.png

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anifex09
in reply to: agirona2009

Try using the drawing the cracks using curves select the curves and the object - in the top view goto Edit Mesh - Project Curve on Mesh - Select the newly created curves and the egg - got Edit Mesh - Split mesh with projected curve option - (if you are using ncloth to simulate the shell you can just use the split option if you are using bullet you can use the Split and detach edges option - and you are ready sim the egg - now before doing any of this duplicate the egg so you can fill it using bifrost or nparticles or voxel fluid - have fun - you can also use adobe illustrator to create the curves - you will have some trial and error but once you understand how the curves need to intersect you will be good to go......

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report