Community
Maya Dynamics
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya dynamics topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bullet - using Maya fields on rigid sets?

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
aswinaerden
463 Views, 0 Replies

Bullet - using Maya fields on rigid sets?

I don't seem to be able to use maya fields on rigid sets.  Whenever I do, weird things happen. 

I made a simple test scene.  I created a sphere, shattered it, and made a rigid set from the shattered pieces.  A floorplane is set as a passive rigid body. Sphere drops to the floor.

As I need to use maya fields for my project, I enable 'use maya fields' in the bullet solver.  First I added a maya gravity field,

(adding it to the rigid set seemed to work, but then none of the rigid set pieces collide with anything, they just go through. After selecting the bullet solver node and then creating the maya gravity field it does work.  It took me a while to figure out and I still don't get why this is)

Now although this works fine, the problems now start when;

-I move the sphere up or down in the scene, it doesn't 'update' the distance to the floorplane collider.  The set keeps colliding at an invisible plane with the same relative distance as before moving the sphere.  

- And more importantly, a similar problem when adding for example a newton field to the rigid set object and located above it.  Instead of affecting it and pulling the sphere upwards, the rigid set object falls to the floor first, and only after this action it reacts to the (newton) field!

This makes it impossible for me to use rigid sets in combination with other maya fields.. 

Bullet and maya dynamics is still quite new to me, I can't seem to figure this issue out.  So I hope someone can shed some light on this!

Thanks

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report