Community
Maya Dynamics
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya dynamics topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breakups in Fluid Simulation

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
PabbiPabbi
259 Views, 6 Replies

Breakups in Fluid Simulation

Hi all,
I am new to this forum and been facing an issue with fluids for the last couple of months. I found that fluid doesn't respond well with fast moving objects. For example, if i want to emmit fluid from a fast moving sphere or any object.. say from point A to B, instead of giving a continous flow of fluid, the fluid breaks in between and you can see just fluid patches between point A and B. But the simulation works fine is my object moves slowly or at one position.

I've seen some videos online where there are fast moving commets or fst moving fluid animation, but i am ubale to achieve that.

Can anybody please help me with this issue?

Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
ksgandharva
in reply to: PabbiPabbi

Try increasing number of particles you emit from the emitter and then due to high speed and as much particles are emitted, it will be levelled.
OR try increasing the rate of emission....
Any of this might work., If nothing, then we both must wait for the answer.. 🙂
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous

First, are you working with particles shded as fluids or with fluids (voxel containers) ?

As you've written "fluids" in you original post I will only relate on that matter. First, I've had similar problems in a container when using surface emission on relatively small emitter objects, usinf omni emission with small objects helps a lot. Then you might check your settings for diffusion, damping etc. Also emitting at a higher rate could solve the problem. Remember when emitting density in a fluid container, you should not "overemit" having the fluid kind of "splash" against each other by rebound effects. The solvers aren't made for that kind of effect and will cause your sim to break.
Message 4 of 7
johnnyz

I'm getting the same problem ( i assume) and am having a hard time coming up with a solution. I've tried adjusting my settings as suggested and am still getting results like the ones in the image i've attached. Is there a substep or similar attribute i'm not finding that might solve this or do i just need to find the right settings? any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous

Could you post your settings? Maybe we can figure out a solution, then.
Message 6 of 7
johnnyz

I started out with Duncan's orange dye file and haven't changed much more than simulation time scale and buoyancy settings. here's my file so far .

13996_YIkWoVJbCMUjqKGuSJNZ.zip

Message 7 of 7
johnnyz

After trying all sorts of things and looking everywhere I found that all it takes is caching your fluid shape with higher over sample settings.
here is the same frame, same settings just with a cached simulation and high sample settings.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report