Community
Maya Dynamics
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya dynamics topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bifrost... water jets?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
timaging
1078 Views, 7 Replies

Bifrost... water jets?

Hi,

I have a project that may be coming up, that requires water jets cleaning a medical device. Is this something that might be accomplished in biFrost, or has anyone seen this done some other way?

Thanks

Dave

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Hi Dave!  

I think using the bifrost accelorator to make spraying water will get you the look you are wanting!  I could explain it but there is a video that autodesk has officially created a tutorial on how to do this:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm356X29ZYI

I would also recommend watching their other tutorials on bifrost to get a good grasp on the abilities of bifrost.  Let me know if that tutorial helps and works! Good luck!  

Message 3 of 8

this is very cool. I should have been more clear. What I'm trying to achieve is UNDERWATER jets, like a jacuzzi... so, the water itself would be affected by the forced water within the pool
Message 4 of 8

Yep that can be done!   What you can do is make an existing pool(or tank/body of water) and put an emitter in with it in the pool. I'm going to make a tutorial for you in order to explain it a lot better, if that is okay with you?  Might be a few hours because I would have to download the recording software. 

Message 5 of 8

very cool! I look foward to seeing it... I'm going to nee to make this pretty realistic for a medical device, so any tips on what to do in that regards would be greatly appreciteated as well.

THANKS!!
Message 6 of 8
timaging
in reply to: timaging

Hi  ... just check in to see if you were able to produce any results?

Thank you!

Dave

Message 7 of 8

Hey man! Sorry I haven't gotten it to you.  I've been trying to get my bifrost cache for my original project finished and it is taking a lot longer that I've thought and I had to be out all yesterday for work.  I think you should watch this tutorial in order to make a 'pool' of water: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBO_IiZXN8A but I'm going to explain the underwater 'jets' in as much depth as possible:  

1. When you have your water set make a new polygon (this will emit the water from the jet).  

2. Click on 'bifrost1' in your outliner and then hold down shift and select the new polygon that will be the jet.  

3. Go to the bifrost tab and click 'add emitter'.  The polygon will now emit water.  It will automatically interact with the original pool of water.  You can also key when you want it to emit in the attributes.  You can have more than 1 emitter- you just have to make each one an emitter individually.  

4. Click the 'bifrost1' object in your outliner again and then click on the polygon again.  Having both selected, click the 'bifrost' tab and then click 'add accelerator'.  This will make it so the water adds more turbulance when it emits.  

5. Adjust the settings of both the accelerator and emitter attributes of the polygon till the particules that are simulated fit your liking.  

6. Now getting ready to cache.  When you are satisfied with everything what you are going to do is change the master voxel size under the bifrost1 attributes.  NOTE: Do not try to play the simulation after you change the size, it will take up a lot of computing power and should instead be cached.  Change the master voxel size to something smaller. The smaller it is the smaller of the water around each particle.  Here are some examples:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdSuG9Iit4c  

7.  Cache process.  I want you to watch this video (the talk about the caching is toward the end of the video):  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DLmTRGzH00

Sorry about me making a tutorial for you fell through.  I honestly thought that my caching won't take that long.  Let me know if you need any help!

Message 8 of 8

thanks! I'll see if I can make sense of this. I'm already confused by the video, so we'll see how it goes.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report