Community
Maya Dynamics
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya dynamics topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bifrost: simulation error, red timeline...

13 REPLIES 13
Message 1 of 14
caymard
2302 Views, 13 Replies

Bifrost: simulation error, red timeline...

Hi,

I recently get Maya 2015 and was very interested in Bifrost to simulate fluids. I tried with provided samples but I always have the same problem : when I run the animation to compute the simulation, the timeline becomes red, all frames failed. Even with a minimalist scene (polyCube fill of water), same error.

Someone have an idea ?

13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14
Wazyjr
in reply to: caymard

Im having the same issue, i have an animal walking through a pool of water to test bifrost. Each paw is a separate piece of geometry, i can get up to 3 paws colliding with the bifrost no problem, but when i get to the fourth paw i get the red timeline, so I'm wondering if theres a limit to how many colliders can effect the bifrost maybe?
Message 3 of 14
Wazyjr

ok i found the problem for why i was getting the red timeline. I had two meshes that were named the same. As soon as i changed the names everything worked fine.
Message 4 of 14

Having the same issue, can't find a solution anywhere. Tried reinstalling. Can't even sim with a bare minimum scene.
Message 5 of 14

Hey guys!  I think I had this problem too, but fixed it somehow weeks ago.  Do ya'll have your scratch disks enabled and background processing enabled?   Go to the bifrost options and make sure both are checked and have it so you have enough RAM allowed for the background processing to use to allow this.   If it doesn't work, you should upload a picture of your scene so I can at least visualize how it is set up. 

Message 6 of 14
sanjaydjhellboy

install sp5 by turning of antivirus 

it worked for me

Message 7 of 14
kolson
in reply to: sanjaydjhellboy

I have the same issue and have tried everything.  I have SP 5 and still Red timeline.  Every frame fails.  man dont know what else to try.  I am ready to try a new system install because I need this to finish this sememster and I would like to keep using it it is amazing but frustrating not being able to run sims on this new machine I built SPECIFICALLY to handle simulations because the Macbook pro could not handle it anymore.  But now I cant even get it to work/:

WHat version of Windows are you running. I have 8.1 Enterprise

Message 8 of 14
kolson
in reply to: Wazyjr

Not same problem.  We cannot even get one simple piece of geometry to become liquid in the scene.  The fluid container stays small at origin.  On school PC it make container around all the scene practically. So yours is working and sounds like a Cache issue but ours is not completing even a single frame of the Sim.

Message 9 of 14

Gave up trying to fix it and just switched to Realflow.

Message 10 of 14
sanjaydjhellboy
in reply to: kolson

i am using windows 8.1
Message 11 of 14
endgen2
in reply to: kolson

same problem as you.. container will not center around emitter mesh instead it stays locked at point of origin
Message 12 of 14
endgen2
in reply to: endgen2

Okay i fixed my issue with bifrost not working at all... turns out avast is a bitch and deleted some important bifrost files when i originally installed maya.. so i unistalled maya reinstalled it (which in itself is a bitch) and i had the antivirus turned off while doing this.. just booted up maya and tested it out.. bam..everything now works..  AVAST WILL BLOCK BIFROST... hope this helps everyone..Cat Tongue

Message 13 of 14
bulgarian_ape

ALL you have to do is save your scene right before you cache it and it will work just fine.

Hope this helped

Message 14 of 14
syracoj

Is everyone else up and running now?

Or are you guys still experiencing problems?

Reading through the posts...

yes, if you are using Avast antivirus then Avast will quarantine specific .dll's associated with Bifrost. So you will have to disable Avast to work around this.

Make sure your object is big enough. If you create a bifrost liquid sim on a sphere or other object that is too small then it will appear to error.

red timeline usually indicates a problem with a frame that cannot be loaded. (cache or sim, .bif file cant be found or something is wrong with the sim)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums