Community
Maya Dynamics
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya dynamics topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bifrost - Possible to render particles instead of the meshed result?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
david
7871 Views, 7 Replies

Bifrost - Possible to render particles instead of the meshed result?

Hello all,

Is it possible to render just the Bifrost particles (as points) instead of always having to render a meshed result?

If not, is it then possible to increase the resolution of the Shaded render (meshing during render time)?

The standard render is way to blobby. Or do I have to simulate 20million particles to have small droplets?

As far as I can see there are no contolls to controll the "render time meshing".

If I first mesh the result, I have control over how the particles are being meshed and how big the blobs are. But it gets realy slow if I tweak the settings to generate small droplets.

Cheers,

David

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
muzipcan
in reply to: david

I need the answer of that question too:)

Message 3 of 8
santd

Hello David,

Thank you for posting to The Area Forums.

Unfortunately it is not possible to render the Bifrost particles as points.

To increase the resolution of the render, you can try a few different things.

First, you can decrease the Master Voxel Size to something like .2 or smaller for higher quality. This will slow down calculations so decrease as necessary. This is one of the few options for increasing the quality of the shader without enabling the Bifrost Meshing. Which leads us to another way of getting better quality and control over the final render. Enable Birforst Meshing then you have the Droplet Reveal Factor, Surface Radius, Droplet Radius, Kernel Factor, Smoothing, and Resolution Factor. From there you can also increase the tessellation on the created mesh to have further control. Remember to hide the Biforst node at render time so that you are not rendering both the mesh and the particles with the material.

I would also recommend taking a look at the help documentation on Birforst for further informatino on attributes:

http://help.autodesk.com/view/MAYAUL/2015/ENU/

Maya's User Guide > Simulation and Effects > Bifrost > Bifrost Reference.

I hope this information is helpful.

Cheers,

David Santos

Message 4 of 8
david
in reply to: santd

Hi David,

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes I've read the docs before.

To illustrate my "issue":

I ran this sim which is 22.000.000 particles.

Then I render this as 2048x848 resolution with MentalRay.

See the results.

BiFrost_Fluid_20m_Particles_40m_Poly_TXT.jpg

The reason I asked if it was possible to render the particles as points was to get more detail from the points.

If you look at the voxel render, it simply lacks the detail from the meshed result.

Also, when I try to mesh this sim, it does about 2 frames and then it simply goes out of memory.

Cheers,

David

Message 5 of 8
agraham

In Maya 2015, there is no way to render Bifrost particles as points. This will be coming soon, but we had to focus on liquid compute and meshing for this first release.

But hey, that first image looks pretty cool! Good call cranking up the droplet threshold!
--
Adrian Graham
Principal User Experience Designer
ME Film and TV Solutions
Autodesk
Message 6 of 8
philstrahl

I might be late to the party but had the same problem. What worked for me was to render with Maya Hardware 2.0, with all geometry hidden. Maybe this works for you too?
Message 7 of 8
myart1372

hi please please please someone answer me :

how you did it ! this first one is to blobby :

BiFrost_Fluid_20m_Particles_40m_Poly_TXT (1).jpg

but this one is so reall and iam sure its not just with motion blure so how to achive a not blobby water ?

Message 8 of 8
tamim.offshore

I'm newbie, I would like to learn Maya.  Looking video tutorial. If you can help. Please let me know.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report