Dynamic Blocks

Dynamic Blocks

*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 41 of 196 (2,635 Views)

Re: You gotta try visibility-add-eng-v1.1

04-19-2011 04:39 AM in reply to: Thomas.l

I believe that what you seek is possible but I do not think that it can be done in the 3D environment.

The gauntlet is thrown...

Make me believe Juris...

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
Distinguished Contributor
Thomas.l
Message 42 of 196 (2,618 Views)

04-19-2011 10:55 AM in reply to: Charles_Shade

And this is exactly where the possibility of multiple visibility states came to mind. As far as I know it isn’t possible to appoint actions to 3D models but it is possible to insert 3D models. So my plan was to draw for each standard diameter (125,160;180,200,...) pipes with an adjusting length (.5,1,2,3,4,...) it would be able to chose both diameter and length.

Kind regards

Thomas 

Contributor
magnumz_23
Message 43 of 196 (2,569 Views)

05-18-2011 08:43 AM in reply to: Thomas.l

Ok so I've kept this Lisp on the back burner until I have plenty of time to implement it in our blocks.  I'm having some difficulty getting it to work though.  I'm using AutoCAD 2011 and the V1.4 of this lisp program.

This is what it kicks back to me in the command line when I try to use (visibility-up) on a parameter I just place with (visibility_add).  Keep in mind I've tried renaming the new vis. parameter and also not renaming it.

Command: (visibility-up) Select required Visibility Set:
** No Visibility Parameter Present. **

I'm sure the "No Visibility Parameter Present" part is the problem which causes the rest of the errors that are listed following it.  Here are those as well.

Unknown command "N".  Press F1 for help.
Unknown command "W5W".  Press F1 for help.
Unknown command "H".  Press F1 for help.
"VisConnectors"
Command: _.BSAVE
Command:  .BSAVE
Command: (command "_.-BVSTATE" "_S" tecuchiy)
** No Visibility Parameter Present. **
Unknown command "S".  Press F1 for help.
nil
Command: _.BSAVE

Details -

This particular block is on a dwg where I keep all of the blocks I use.  I then place these blocks in other drawings using the Design Center so I can update changes to all the blocks at once.  I can right click the blocks in Design Center to open them in Block Editor, which is usually how I make changes to them.  This particular block is dynamic and has a rotation parameter/action, flip parameter/action, and a chained move parameter/action.

So...is there something I'm doing in my blocks, how I'm using/altering them, or just how I'm using the lisp routines?  Either way, how do I get this to work properly?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. :smileyhappy:

yellowlilac84
Message 44 of 196 (2,473 Views)

09-07-2011 03:51 PM in reply to: magnumz_23

I find this idea intriguing but when I used (visibility_add) it kicks back this message:

Command: (visibility_add)
Select point for placing Visibility Set: ; error: bad DXF group: (360)

What am I doing wrong?

Mentor
j.vanderheijden
Message 45 of 196 (2,396 Views)

10-06-2011 01:55 PM in reply to: yellowlilac84

I work with acad 2012 and i can't get the lisp working.

It loaded succesfully but the command 'visibility_add' isn't working.

Mvg Jos

Your drawings are only as good as the symbols that complete them...
Valued Contributor
NikolayPoleshchuk
Message 46 of 196 (2,382 Views)

10-08-2011 10:10 PM in reply to: j.vanderheijden

Have you placed brackets: (visibility_add)  ?

Nikolay Poleshchuk
http://poleshchuk.spb.ru/cad/eng.html
johnfraser
Message 47 of 196 (2,352 Views)

10-25-2011 10:03 PM in reply to: Charles_Shade

I was getting the same error message in C3D 2012, so I had a go in 2011 and had no such issues.

I have, however, gotten a little bit further along and had some other issues with the block I've attached to this post (with just 2 separate visibility parameters):

Whenever I select a visibility state from the grip on the right, it seems to reset the other visibility state. Luckily, the reverse is not true - so I can change the right hand one and then change the left hand one. But I know that I shouldn't have to do this, so it's bugging me!

Also, I have some alignment parameters that aren't showing up despite being visible in the visibility states. Help, anyone?

Additionally, when I insert this as a block into 2012 (it looks fine in 2011), the visibility state grips are both located on the insertion point for some reason? They still work (I can change them from the properties box), but this is very frustrating.

Valued Contributor
NikolayPoleshchuk
Message 48 of 196 (2,325 Views)

10-27-2011 01:55 AM in reply to: johnfraser

Now the program visibility-add-eng is not ready for using in AutoCAD 2012 and verticals. We need some time to find the reason and to modify.

Nikolay Poleshchuk
http://poleshchuk.spb.ru/cad/eng.html
johnfraser
Message 49 of 196 (2,312 Views)

10-27-2011 02:59 PM in reply to: NikolayPoleshchuk

I figured out that last problem that I had, it was a scaling issue. But my other problem still remains - if I change one parameter it resets the other one! I know I must've done something wrong, because the other blocks on here I tried didn't do that. I'm just not sure what it was that I did wrong.

*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 50 of 196 (2,303 Views)

10-28-2011 04:19 AM in reply to: johnfraser

As Nikolay stated above:

THIS WILL NOT WORK IN 2012 PRODUCT LINE AT THIS TIME. (Potential fix coming.)

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.