Dynamic Blocks

Dynamic Blocks

*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 91 of 196 (744 Views)

Re: You gotta try visibility-add-eng-v1.1

09-20-2012 05:13 AM in reply to: nacirpl

And one would presume the Authors pocket book as well.

Probably would need to negotiate the royalties first.

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
Contributor
peter_m.
Message 92 of 196 (716 Views)

09-24-2012 07:08 AM in reply to: *T Bennett

Hopefully that wouldn't be an issue.

Hopefully 1.6 will be out soon and I'll be able to insert MVP's, or ADesk wil pull their thumb out.

Until then, could I beg a simple block, just a bit of random geometry and 4 MVP's?

Contributor
peter_m.
Message 93 of 196 (669 Views)

10-05-2012 08:42 AM in reply to: peter_m.

I'm still playing with my test blocks, I think I understand more of this. One question though.

Where have my Grips gone?!!!

Valued Contributor
Spiritshifterus
Message 94 of 196 (663 Views)

10-05-2012 09:45 AM in reply to: peter_m.

Dear peter_m,

I saved and opened your file, and upon selecting your block, I saw three grips underneath your left section mark. What do you say is missing?

Chris Martin

Valued Contributor
Spiritshifterus
Message 95 of 196 (661 Views)

10-05-2012 10:03 AM in reply to: *T Bennett

Greetings again, everyone.

Throughout this and other threads, it has been recommended that it is best to create all of your elements first if one is going to try to use multiple visibility states. Wise point, as I have the experience of learning. But now, I would like to build upon that by asking another question.

Where should all of the elements be created in the Block?

I have been using combinations of multiple visibility states, Lookup Actions, and Block Property tables (BPT's, I call them) to create my blocks with great success. But I am concerned somewhat that when my block is complete, and I go to Insert > Block, the default state of the block is in a custom state. The default insertion choice of the block is not one of the choices that is on my table pull-downs. Admittedly, that may be a safety feature, to alert the CADDer that the block's appropriate state must be chosen. But still, I just feel turned off by seeing a state of something that I should not ever see.

I get the feeling that this may be because I create my blocks with elements at their farthest-out positions, and my moving/stretching parameters are drawn to those extreme points. Should I be creating elements at their default positions? Doing this, it looks as though as my blocks are being created, that I'll have elements that will overlap. I also see that a data row in the tables like one that I create cannot be chosen as the default insertion state of the block.

Anyone care to share their experiences? Thanks to all, again.

Chris Martin

Contributor
peter_m.
Message 96 of 196 (643 Views)

10-08-2012 12:40 AM in reply to: Charles_Shade

I put some dynamic controls in there as well; rotates, stretches, etc.

This is a new problem for me. I haven't had them not display in a MVP before, and I've no idea why they aren't now.

Valued Contributor
Spiritshifterus
Message 97 of 196 (632 Views)

10-08-2012 09:13 AM in reply to: peter_m.

Dear peter_m,

I took a second look at your block this morning, and I believe I found your problem. As I switch from one visibility parameter to another (using Visibility-Up), I see that the rotation and stretch parameters & grips are invisible in all of your states. Here is a way I found to fix that (other board members may be even more correct than I on this, but here goes):

1) Switch your active visibility parameter from "Default" to another using Visibility-up.

2) Type in BVSHOW.

3) Select the darkened (currently invisible) parameters and grips.

4) At the next prompt which asks if you want items shown in current or all views, type "A" to choose all views.

5) Repeat steps 1-4 with your other visibility parameters, to make sure all of your dynamic controls are visible at all times.

Give that a try, and good luck.

Chris Martin

Contributor
peter_m.
Message 98 of 196 (623 Views)

10-09-2012 01:46 AM in reply to: Charles_Shade

Aye I've just done that, and it's worked, so thank you.

But (I  hate beginning a sentence with that word), there's one set of grips that are only supposed to show in 1 vis state, and they still never show. I tried BVSHOW - Current, but nada.

However, I've also just noticed that the Vis states are affecting each other, they're not supposed to.
 So I might just give up. If I can't get even this simple little test block working how am I ever going to get my grander plans and projects to! /Frustration!

Mentor
rapidcad
Message 99 of 196 (616 Views)

10-09-2012 05:09 AM in reply to: peter_m.

If you want a grip to be part of any visibility set the key is to select the parameter (name) of the grip when you are adding to your visibility set, not the grip triangle itself, (just in case you did not know). I remember that it took me a number of tries to figure that one out.

Ronald A. Powell
CAD Developer/Operator
TGW Systems Inc.
Spring Lake, MI
Valued Contributor
Spiritshifterus
Message 100 of 196 (613 Views)

10-09-2012 05:37 AM in reply to: peter_m.

Dear peter_m,

I am glad that I was able to help you in this instance. But believe me, in spite of the things I've learned on this board and my own experimentations, I still have troubles with some blocks & their parameters. And, I don't just mean with multiple visibilities. I also still have loads of trouble with linear parameters and moving/stretching objects.

Bottom line: Please don't give up. This is something worth learning, even with the frustration. And the thing above all that this board has taught me, is that there are good people here willing to help.

Chris Martin

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.