Did you mean: 

XY coordinates block

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
10806 Views, 7 Replies

XY coordinates block

Hi everyone,

I tried to look for a thread in the forum for the xy coordinates block I need but I din't find. I hope someone can help me with this, I'm a little desperate as I need to produce setting out plans very shortly. I need to create a block that gives the x and y coordinates of a point but for a named ucs (the project's origin)and not autocad's origin. I imagine this must be something very simple, as I see it it could only be a matter of adding a fixed value (difference between autocad's origin and my own) to the field position formula, but I don't know how to do it. Thank you
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

for idea You can use that

1. place block "0-atzime" at your zero place
2. if you copy or move only block "augst_atz_2" - the measuring changes
in block fields (don`t forget regen)
3. to create new set - copy "0-atzime" and least 1 block "augst_atz_2"

I think in that way You can create other coordinate
good luck

Juris

On 2010.04.21. 10:53, blue_sphere wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I tried to look for a thread in the forum for the xy coordinates block I need but I din't find. I hope someone can help me with this, I'm a little desperate as I need to produce setting out plans very shortly. I need to create a block that gives the x and y coordinates of a point but for a named ucs (the project's origin)and not autocad's origin. I imagine this must be something very simple, as I see it it could only be a matter of adding a fixed value (difference between autocad's origin and my own) to the field position formula, but I don't know how to do it. Thank you
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

Hi Juris,

Thank you for your answer. In fact your proposition is similar to something I tried to work with. It works well, but the human error is quite high, as we can easily make errors measuring the distance, if you have to introduce hundreds of blocks in the drawing, which is the case. But thank you in any case.
Cheers,

Daniela
Message 4 of 8
eigio

I don't want to make a new topic but if anybody search for simple xy coordinate block on World UCS here it is.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Nice! I put a base point parameter in this. Notice the block insertion point isn't hanging out in space when you mirror and stretch?
Message 6 of 8
eigio

Ah nice as well, I had in my plans of doing it, but didn't came to the how exactly fix it and one other thing, its made for my country standards, which is made from Mercator projection, not sure how other counties use it, but the main thing is that x and y is mixed, x = y and y = x, so here's two blocks, on the left is direct xy coordinates and on right is inverted.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Thinking about it now you need that insertion point to be to be at 0,0 so you can move the block around with the parameters to get an accurate point. When you insert the block put it at 0,0,0. I feel like I've seen something like this not that long ago...
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: eigio

H,

I WANT TO DEVIDE THE COORDIANTES VALUES BY 1000, BCOZ MY UNITS IS IN MM AND BLOCK IS GIVING THE COORDINATES IN M.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services