Dynamic Blocks

Valued Contributor
sovby
Message 1 of 2 (287 Views)

XREF Visibility States

287 Views, 1 Replies
11-10-2012 10:53 AM

Is it possible to contol the visibility state of an external referenced drawing? I have an architectural plan drawing that uses a titlesheet drawing as an external reference. In my civil plan i want to use a different title sheet. Instead of having a different titlesheet drawing for the civil drawing i was wondering if i could turn my titlesheet drawing into a dynamic block. In my architectural drawing i would see visibility state #1 & in my civil drawing i would see visibility state #2.

Valued Mentor
bgingerich
Message 2 of 2 (271 Views)

Re: XREF Visibility States

11-12-2012 08:11 AM in reply to: sovby

This from 2012 users guide, "If an xref contains any variable block attributes, they are ignored."

So, unfortunately, no.

http://exchange.autodesk.com/autocad/enu/online-help/browse#WS1a9193826455f5ffa23ce210c4a30acaf-5dae...

(if ("mysolution"=answer) then (click "Accept As Solution"))
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Brandon Gingerich
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.