Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is wrong with this door block?

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
ChrisMackayOpticad
692 Views, 15 Replies

What is wrong with this door block?

Can someone comment on what is wrong with the attached door block?

It works as intended by not when the flip parameter is set to flipped.  As you will see the stretch action (90 degree override) associated with door panels works in reverse.  This kinda makes sense in a way but obviously won't work for this block.  I am pretty sure I have created blocks before where 90 degree stretch overrides and flip actions work OK with each other.

Thoughts?

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

For the flip action make sure you include everything in the selection set, including other actions (basically select all),

and I would check your visibility states make sure actions are available in all states

Message 3 of 16

Thanks,

That is pretty much how I have been doing it, although not exactly like that in file previously attached.  I have made a far simpler block (attached) in an effort to chase the problem down.  The problem still persists.  Like I have said I am not sure why.  I have made blocks like this many times before without issue.

Message 4 of 16

Like I said just include the actions from the distance parameter with the flip action. At the moment the sretch action is working in the positive Y direction, and you need to flip that along with the door leaf so it works in the opposite direction

Message 5 of 16

Ah, Ok,  I see that now.  To be able to select the actions I had to set BACTIONBARMODE to 0.

Is there any way to select the actions with having BACTIONBARMODE set to 1?

thanks for your help.

Message 6 of 16

Apparently action selection is disabled when BACTIONBARMODE=1, I'm afraid I have no idea what possible use that is. Personally I prefer my little lightning bolts that I can position where I want and I can see their names, I find it much easier to keep track of things that way
Message 7 of 16

I have been switching between both modes.  Mainly when using double lookups.  I like the actionbars visually but they do obviously cause some problems.

thanks again

Message 8 of 16
Libbya
in reply to: ChrisMackayOpticad

Including the stretch2 action in the flip selection set almost cures the block, but you still have an issue with the scale base point not flipping resulting in a misalignment of the swing when stretched in the flipped state.  You either need to flip the door width parameter or, if you want the stretch grip location constant, change the scale base type to independent and flip the scale action.  

Message 9 of 16
tedwardspg
in reply to: Libbya

you need to make the door jamb a specified width. maybe a couple, 4" 6" 8" and the door swings dashed lines and of course make sure the bocl stays together.

ACA 2013
Windows 7 enterprise
Intel core i7 860 @ 2.80GHz
16GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800 - 4GB
Message 10 of 16
tedwardspg
in reply to: tedwardspg

and of coarse don't give everyone the phone number and address of IWA

182 hammersmith road, london w6 7dj

ACA 2013
Windows 7 enterprise
Intel core i7 860 @ 2.80GHz
16GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800 - 4GB
Message 11 of 16
Libbya
in reply to: tedwardspg

Something tells me that there isn't any concern about someone getting the business phone number by opening the layout tab of an autocad drawing hosted on the autodesk forum...  There are certainly easier ways to get the info that isn't intended in any way to be a secret...

http://www.interiorswithart.com/

Message 12 of 16

Making the door jambs specific widths wouldn't be a good idea.  There needs to be enough flexibility in the block to fit these doors to any wall width.

And would solid lines for the door swings work better in my opinion.  Not sire what 'bocl' stands for tbh.

Message 13 of 16

There are but so many wall wall wodths I should think.

Most building materials are the same from job to job.

My door blocks have about a dozen predetermined wal widths. This has more to do woth the remodeling design I do than anything else.

Of course residentail caonstruction is somewhat vanilla.

Message 14 of 16

I would disagree.  Wall widths can vary to the point that it wouldn't be possible to account for all possibilities in a parameter.  And I wouldn't really see what you would really gain from doing so in a dynamc block to be honest.  Attached is the final product anyway if you are interested.  I think it works quite well.  A little bit of a workaround required to show the dorr opening unrestricted, but so be it.

Thanks for your comment Charles

Message 15 of 16

Do you need to limit the door arc beyond where it runs into the architrave?

Message 16 of 16

That is what I have done.  Granted the doorset might be completely unristricted.  I've shown it as is because it is neater if it does not clash wit the architrave, and it works fine as indivitive of a door that opens beyone 90 deg.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services