Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weld Symbol Dynamic Blocks

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
LKGCAD
26946 Views, 10 Replies

Weld Symbol Dynamic Blocks

I noticed a lot of users looking for dynamic Weld Block Symbols,  I have attached a set that I have created.  The descriptions are below.  The attached file show an example of its use and contains the five blocks.  Text style is set to "STANDARD".

There are five blocks which can be added to an existing leader:

Weld_Symbols  -> This is the main dynamic block of weld symbols to cover welds described in the AWS A2.4 standard, size and spacing attributes can be edited, make sure MIRRTEXT is set to 0 if using vertical flip function for welds opposite arrow side

Weld_Options  - >  This dynamic  block allows for the addition of either or both of the Field-Flag and All-Around symbols as well as a combination-fillet weld symbol to be added to an existing bevel or square weld, etc. when needed, field flag is flippable for proper direction

Weld_Contour  - >  This dynamic block allows for the flush, concave or convex contour symbols to be applied to both fillet type welds and non-fillet type welds; a designator can be added by attribute edit for countour finish letter

Weld_Tail_Left -> This dynamic block gives you a single, double or triple line option for attribute text, default is a single line of text with "TYP", left tail is for left side of symbol therefore right justified text

Weld_Tail_Right -> This dynamic block gives you a single, double or triple line option for attribute text, default is a single line of text with "TYP", right tail is for right side of symbol therefore left justified text

Remember, once you have one weld symbol in place, it is much easier to copy and use dynamic grips to manipulate it rather than inserting several times as with all dynamic blocks.

Regards,

Lance G.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
cemnet
in reply to: LKGCAD

Thank you

Message 3 of 11
GLCline
in reply to: cemnet

Yes, Thank you.

Message 4 of 11
mattlookabill

YOU'RE AWESOME!!  THANKS!!

Message 5 of 11
m_rogoff

All-in-one option

Message 6 of 11
starclasic
in reply to: m_rogoff

Thanks!
Message 7 of 11
MRogoff
in reply to: starclasic

Not the most elegant solution but it works and it's fairly simple

Message 8 of 11
FlippiedB

This is awesome, Thanks Alot
@LKGCAD wrote:

I noticed a lot of users looking for dynamic Weld Block Symbols,  I have attached a set that I have created.  The descriptions are below.  The attached file show an example of its use and contains the five blocks.  Text style is set to "STANDARD".

There are five blocks which can be added to an existing leader:

Weld_Symbols  -> This is the main dynamic block of weld symbols to cover welds described in the AWS A2.4 standard, size and spacing attributes can be edited, make sure MIRRTEXT is set to 0 if using vertical flip function for welds opposite arrow side

Weld_Options  - >  This dynamic  block allows for the addition of either or both of the Field-Flag and All-Around symbols as well as a combination-fillet weld symbol to be added to an existing bevel or square weld, etc. when needed, field flag is flippable for proper direction

Weld_Contour  - >  This dynamic block allows for the flush, concave or convex contour symbols to be applied to both fillet type welds and non-fillet type welds; a designator can be added by attribute edit for countour finish letter

Weld_Tail_Left -> This dynamic block gives you a single, double or triple line option for attribute text, default is a single line of text with "TYP", left tail is for left side of symbol therefore right justified text

Weld_Tail_Right -> This dynamic block gives you a single, double or triple line option for attribute text, default is a single line of text with "TYP", right tail is for right side of symbol therefore left justified text

Remember, once you have one weld symbol in place, it is much easier to copy and use dynamic grips to manipulate it rather than inserting several times as with all dynamic blocks.

Regards,

Lance G.

Message 9 of 11
tmuir

You just made my day Lance!! thank you!

Message 10 of 11
cschnarr

@m_rogoff wrote:

All-in-one option

I liked the name so I gave it a try. "All in One" is what I was looking for. NICE JOB! Many thanks!!

Message 11 of 11
rbarbosa8DQGJ

Looks nice, but we can't control text fillet size text position, Field Flag do not flip and there is no double bevel option.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services