Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weird Preview Thumbnail in tool palette

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
morganism3
768 Views, 4 Replies

Weird Preview Thumbnail in tool palette

I have a strange problem with this file. The preview thumbnail that comes up for the block in design center on the righthand side shows it just fine. But when you bring the block to the tool palette, it doesn't show an image that quite matches the block.

I've tried right-clicking for "update block", I've also tried _blockicon in the file, and I've checked for weird text settings in the block that could be throwing it off. No luck.

Can anyone figure out what's causing this?

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Libbya
in reply to: morganism3

It seems CAD is confused by the width on the polylines.  As a nice workaround you can explode the block down to linework, select all and change go to the properties palette, look at just the polylines, select global width and input 0 (even though it already says 0...).  Then select all the linework, do a control-shift-C and control-shift-V to paste it as a block with all 0 linewidth.  Grab that block and drag it to the tool palette (not with a grip).  Then locate the image and set your original tool image to the new tool image.

Message 3 of 5
morganism3
in reply to: Libbya

Sounds good, but for some reason when I select everything and pull up the properties menu, "global width" doesn't come up as one of the options. What am I doing wrong?
This email contains protected confidential business information from Total Safety. Recipients should not forward this information except on a need to know basis in order to promote the business concerned and should not file copies of this information with publicly accessible records. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained in this email is prohibited.
Message 4 of 5
Libbya
in reply to: morganism3

Not all of the linework has global width (e.g. arcs, lines, etc...).  When you select all of it, you need to 'look at just the polylines'.  To do so, after selecting everything, look at the top of the Properties Palette.  There will be a field that says what you have selected and it will say something like "All (132)".  That field is a pulldown menu.  At the right of it is the little down arrow.  Click it and it will describe what items you have selected and allow you to choose just polylines.  Alternately, if you explode a polyline it will turn into lines/arcs and lose its width information in order to become 0 width.  You could do another explode on everything and have it result in all zero width.   

Message 5 of 5
morganism3
in reply to: Libbya

Thanks, that totally worked. Was getting confused by trying to explode first and then not having any polylines to select.
This email contains protected confidential business information from Total Safety. Recipients should not forward this information except on a need to know basis in order to promote the business concerned and should not file copies of this information with publicly accessible records. If you are not the intended recipient, please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the information contained in this email is prohibited.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services