Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

want to change size of attribute in different vis states

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
268 Views, 3 Replies

want to change size of attribute in different vis states

ok, I'm trying to do something that i'm not sure is possible.

I have a problem at my firm with our column bubbles and sections markers alway being at the wrong scale. I've decided to create a dynamic block to eliminate this problem. I have a column bubble with attributed text. I have drawn it in different visablity states so that drafter can simply insert the block and use a drop down menu to select the scale. the only thing is that the text will not scale when i change visiblity states. It works in the block editor, but not when the block is inserted in other drawings. i have tried to insert in using the tool palette as well as the tradtional way. Please help. I'm losing my mind.
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

One way is to create a different sized piece of text for each vis state.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

You should try using a scale action to modify the size of the objects and then have a lookup table to select the scale size. I wouldn't use visibility states for this.

To get you started, you will need to first make a linear parameter and find out based on a 1=1 scale each distance it needs stretch to scale the objects to. Then, assign the scale action to it selecting all objects. Create a lookup table that labels a scale to each distance of the linear parameter, and hide the linear parameter.
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

going with what he (^^) is saying, i'd take it this way: start your block with actual plotted size desired, and with your lookup table, use scale factors linked to your parameter. (4=3"=1'-0", 48=1/4"=1'-0", etc...) you won't need vis. states and multiple text instances using this method.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services