Community
Dynamic Blocks Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visibility State 'scope' - restrict to operate only on certain objects.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
mdhutchinson
445 Views, 7 Replies

Visibility State 'scope' - restrict to operate only on certain objects.

okay... I am green with dynamic blocks...

With Visibility States there appears to be only 4 options:

• Hide for current state.
  • Show for current state.
  • Hide for all states
  • Show for all states.

I need a 5th option... Do not change visibility when this state is set current.

So, in other words, I'd like to turn objects on or off independently from each other... so lets say I have two sets of objects... I want to toggle on only the 3rd item in set A and only the 5th item set B... but each set would function separately from the other set.

Does this make sense?...  I thought a look up table would be the solution, but I don't find a way to do it. 

Isn't there a way to do this?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Multi-Vis States thru the Lisp is the only option if these are to be in the same Dyn Blk.

Message 3 of 8
AcadAdamLT
in reply to: mdhutchinson

In many cases there are workarounds that can be made using lookups or Block properties table.

Also more common parameters and actions can be combined to create a substitue for Visibility state.

Experiment a little and see what you might find, I'll suggest reading abit on lookup and block property tablet in case you are unfamiliar with it.

Also Chained actions could be extremely helpful.

Otherwise you'll have to turn to using the LISP addon that Charles Shade pointed out.

Good luck to ya 😉

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 4 of 8
mdhutchinson
in reply to: AcadAdamLT

Yeh...

... I did a visiblity parameter 80 visiblity states and 68 lookup tables. It worked but took awhile.

There must be a better solution yet without resorting to lisp...  don't get me wrong... I do lisp also and looked though the lisp addon and experimented a bit... couldn't get it to work so I chose the look up table route.

See the attached... (I moved all the look up grips to 3 coordinates on top of each other. very tedious work. could the properties table have helped to simplify this?

.... comments are very welcome.

Message 5 of 8
AcadAdamLT

It's really hard to say without seeing the block for myself, could you perhaps post it?

I see the .png you posted and it looks like there's is a great amount of information hidden beneath, without having a good perspective on what the block is supposed to do or how it is constructed I really can't give any oppinion in this matter.

AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 6 of 8
mdhutchinson
in reply to: AcadAdamLT

take a look...

note: the Room Name and Number field is used for user input... the other two attributes are for Fit and for no Fit and are not for user input, but rather use Fields that point to the Room Name and Number attribute. I needed a way to use Fit Justification if the room name was too long for the space... but then use non fit when the room name and number fits just fine.

When the user puts in the room name, a Regen is required to update the Fit and non fit attributes...

Message 7 of 8
AcadAdamLT

Sorry I havn't been able to get to you sooner, too much to do and to little time to do it.

In case it isn't to late already,

I looked through the block, it's very crafty work, controlling the visibility states with 3 lookup parameters.

As for the block property tablet I don't think you'll find it to any use in this scenario, as for the attribute to fit in box problem there is no way to change the property of the attribute from outside the block, I would recommend going with a regular left to right and control the text with the text options inside the block. 

AutoCad LT 2016
Message 8 of 8
Libbya

Your version is quite impressive, but certainly there are easier ways.  Here's how I'd do it.  It cuts it down to 3 single lookups, one double lookup, two input points and 12 visibility states.  You need to regen with any changes to the lookups in order for the fields to update.  It's still a somewhat complicated block, but nothing compared to the metal gymnastics of your version.  Even if you were dead set on using the text objects instead of the lookup fields, you could still cut your version down to the 3 single lookups and the one double lookup with the input points to switch between the 80? visbility states.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services