Community
Dynamic Blocks Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Various block properties tables in one block?

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
whrnez
2044 Views, 15 Replies

Various block properties tables in one block?

Hallo,

is it possible to define more than one block properties table in a DB?

I have a block definition with several attributes. I would like to pick a (predefined) value for each of the attribute. Making just one block properties table means that I need to fill all the possible combinations of these attributes.

I believe you experts know the solution.

Thanks!

Regards, M

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: whrnez

Have you tried a lookup table for each attribute?

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 16
whrnez
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Hi,

thanks for the suggestion. Tried, but don't know how to connect attributes to lookup table.

Regards,

Matej

Message 4 of 16
Charles_Shade

You can't since Attribs cannot be used to drive Actions.

Attribs can only be used to gather info not provide it.

Post your DynBlk for further help.

Message 5 of 16
whrnez

Too bad. Thanks.

The idea is to have about 10 people in the table for each attribute and then pick just the right one from the list. If I have just 1 block properties table, I have to make all the possible combinations among these people (Project manager, senior designer, technician). Mr Ka Ching can be left out.

I'd like to choose these participants independently, therefore the idea of many block properties table. I know it is possible to connect the access database with acad, but I think this would be easier.

Thanks again.

Regards,

M

Message 6 of 16
whrnez
in reply to: Charles_Shade

... and a  Dblock...

Message 7 of 16
Libbya

Is this what you were after? Regen to update the fields if the selection is changed.

Message 8 of 16
matejb
in reply to: Libbya

Thank you, Libbya!

This is exactly what I was looking for. Now, I just have to apply this to my block.

Message 9 of 16
Libbya
in reply to: matejb

I added 7 lookup parameters and 4 lookup tables.  Four of the lookup parameters have the grip visible, the other three lookup parameters are the IDs (investor doesn't have an ID attribute, so no need for the second lookup).  I then made up the tables with the ID lookups added to the tables ('add properties'>'add lookup properties') and the appropriate values filled in.  I then added Block Placeholder fields to each of your attributes and linked each field to the appropriate lookup parameter.  Let me know if you have any questions.  

Message 10 of 16
matejb

Thank you Libbya!

your instructions were very helpful.

Message 11 of 16
mariette.stoop

Hi Libbya,

herewith my dwg file and a screenshot of the block,  but as soon as I insert the block in another drawing it does not work because it loses the first 2 attributes.  I've re-created it numerious times and if I go back to the block it has lost the first 2 attributes and therefore the obvious the table content is gone as well.

Im new with the creating of dynamic blocks (still looking in on the sheet shet manager as well) but for now I would like to get this right if possible

thank you

Marst1234

Message 12 of 16
Libbya
in reply to: mariette.stoop

I don't understand your issue.  Please post a detailed example of how it should be and another detailed example of what is not working.  

Message 13 of 16
MARST1234

Hi Libbya

Ok,

So attached a document with text and pics to explain what I've done and what is happening with my block.

This was the only way I could think about doing it.

Thank you for your patience 

Have a great day.

Message 14 of 16
Libbya
in reply to: MARST1234

I looked at it and do not know why that behavior is happening.  I did notice that you can copy/paste the block into the new file and maintain functionality.  I did not try it, but you could probably also make a tool palette tool that would work fine.  Another option would be to have the block inserted into the file and then explode once after insertion.  As another option, you could use lookups for each selection rather than the block properties.  You would then use a block placeholder field to reference the lookup value.

Message 15 of 16
MARST1234

Hi Libbya.

Thank you for looking at this for me. I have tried exploding the block but then I loose the Dynamics.

I'll try the lookups tomorrow when Im back at the office.😆

Have a goodday

Message 16 of 16
Libbya
in reply to: MARST1234

I was not saying to explode the block.  I recommended placing the block within a file rather than the 'Save As File' option within block editor.  You can then insert that file (that has the block within it).  When a file is inserted, it is inserted as a block.  The dynamic block would be a block within that block.  Exploding it once would leave just the dynamic block with all dynamic properties still intact.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services