Dynamic Blocks

Dynamic Blocks

Active Contributor
adjg13
Message 1 of 3 (134 Views)

User Parameters get corrupted randomly

134 Views, 2 Replies
07-29-2013 08:07 AM

Has anyone else had this problem when using AutoCAD 2014? When I create blocks and give them dynamic elements, I often define user parameters in the block table. I have noticed that on some drawings when I open them and go to the block editor to edit them, the user parameters have no name, value, or expression and my dynamic will not work.

I have tried renaming them and putting the expression back in from the parameters manager, but it gives me an error message saying invalid parameter name. It is very annoying as I usually have to redo the entire block table.

Has anyone else had this problem, or know why it is occuring?

*Expert Elite*
Charles_Shade
Message 2 of 3 (128 Views)

Re: User Parameters get corrupted randomly

07-29-2013 09:41 AM in reply to: adjg13

I've not seen that behaviour in any of my Dyn Blocks but I have not created any BPT's while in 2014 yet.

Can you post a DynBlk that has done this?

Regards, Charles Shade            Win8 FAQ
CSHADEDESIGN|AUTOCAD LT|LT-KB|DYNAMIC BLOCKS

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted.
Active Contributor
adjg13
Message 3 of 3 (113 Views)

Re: User Parameters get corrupted randomly

07-30-2013 08:57 AM in reply to: adjg13

Sorry I don't have an example at the moment. The one where it disappeared I corrected it. I will bump this thread and post one if I come across it in the future.

Basically though the user defined parameter will be empty in the parameters manager, but the column and all the data for it will still be in the block table, but i have to delete the column, delete the empty parameter, and redo all of it.

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.