Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Blocks In Two Drawings

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Thomas.Erle.Larson
308 Views, 3 Replies

Updating Blocks In Two Drawings

I have two typs of drawings; "part".dwg and layout.dwg (assembly). I have drafted all the parts in thier own drawings and created them into wblocks. I then insert the blocks from the libray into the layout.dwg.

In the case of needing to re-design (tollerancing issuse) it's easiest to do that in the layout. So I go into the block, edit, save and go back to the layout.

Is there a way to get the blocks in the "part".dwg drawings to auto update and reflect the changes made in the layout without deleting the blocks and re-inserting them?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Libbya
in reply to: Thomas.Erle.Larson

Use the 'Save As' feature within the block editor and check the 'Save to File' option at the bottom.  Then save to the appropriate 'part'.dwg.

Message 3 of 4

If the block is on a palette, right click on the tool and select redifine.

ACA 2013
Windows 7 enterprise
Intel core i7 860 @ 2.80GHz
16GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1800 - 4GB
Message 4 of 4
Libbya
in reply to: tedwardspg

I could be mistaken, but I don't think that is what the OP is asking for.  He was saying that after a block is inserted into a layout, it is often edited and he is looking for an automatic way to save those changes back to the block source file.  If he uses redefine from the tool palette, the opposite thing will happen.  The older version of the block in the source file will overwrite the edited definition in the layout dwg.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services