Truss plate dynamic block

16 REPLIES 16
SOLVED
Message 1 of 17
Anonymous
1482 Views, 16 Replies

Truss plate dynamic block

Hey,

I am trying to create a dynamic block for a truss plate where i can stretch it up and down, but i want the little holes to increase in number as i stretch it. Is there a way to do this without using the visibility action? The visibility action is way too time consuming. hope this makes sense.

thanks

16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17
Libbya
in reply to: Anonymous

Array.  Best answers come from posting a file with details on what you want to accomplish.

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous

ok i uploaded the block, can someone help me with this? I am trying to stretch it horiz and vertical and want those stars to increase/decrease in number as i stretch it.

Message 4 of 17
Libbya

I don't use dynamic arrays enough to feel like I'm good at it so there may be an easier/better way, but the attached block seems to work the way you want.

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
in reply to: Libbya

could you please save the file as an older version of autocad? maybe 2010 because im using autocad 2011

Message 6 of 17
Libbya

Ok.  Here it is again.

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous

Thanks so much

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous

So could you explain to me how you fixed it? I see you added the array action to the stars and chained them, but when i do the same to my block it doesnt work right. What am i missing?

Message 9 of 17
Libbya

I added a chained XY parameter and then added an array action to it that had the stars in the selection set.  Maybe you are using a linear parameter instead of an XY?  Maybe you didn't change it to chained?

Message 10 of 17
Anonymous

I did all that, but it still does not work right. I attached it again, maybe you can figure out what i am doing wrong.

Message 11 of 17
Libbya

You were not doing anything wrong.  As a step in diagnosing why it wasn't working, I changed the XY parameter to display 1 grip so I could determine if the issue was with the stretchs or with the XY.  I did nothing else and it immediately started working correctly even after I turned the grip back off.  I'll call that a CAD glitch.  Also, if you insert a new occurrence of the block it immediately works correctly.

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous

It sure looks like it was a CAD glitch. when I reinsert the block it works correctly. thank you for your help!!!

Message 13 of 17
lj
Community Visitor

Hi

Ive just tryed to make similar plate dynamic, but i cant make the array work and fixed on the size

i have now tryed to make it after your block, but it still isnt working for me

are you making some settings for it to work? or something.

Kind regards 

Lars - Denmark

Message 14 of 17
ojuris
in reply to: lj

hi!

I don't know what is problem but in that file I can't make what You need

see that file

Juris

Message 15 of 17
lj
Community Visitor
in reply to: ojuris

Wow Thanks Juris

how did you do it? what was wrong with the file? did you create another format or something?
Message 16 of 17
ojuris
in reply to: lj

I just do that in another file

I don't know what problem is in Your file

Regards

Juris

Message 17 of 17
jack_foster1

Let me start by thanking Libbya and the poster.  Without finding this solution I would never have been able to fix my own problem using the array in a dynamic block.  Don't mean to be critical but as this block works when it does the array it will put lines over top of lines.  I have attached a file that fixes that problem.  There are a lot of notes in the drawing next to blocks that I think it makes it easier to read and understand.  I hope it is OK to post this as I think it might help some other people later on.  There is also a bug in what I have that for my way of using it does not hurt anything.  Explained inside of the drawing as you can see if you download.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services