Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Title blocks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
P&IDJason
570 Views, 2 Replies

Title blocks

My company has used the same title block for years but with new requirements for various reasons we have had to come up with a new title block.  Myself and 2 other drafters from 2 other departments have come up with one common title block as we all had different ones. My question: is there a way to sync a new title block with the old title block when the titleblocks have different names and different attribute tag names. The attribute tag names are different but the information for the tag names is the same information in the old title block.  Is there a mapping tool to match attribute tag name from new title to block to attribute tag in old title block.

For instance

Title Block A:

Attribute Tag Name: Rev1Date

Title Block B:

Attribute Tag Name: Date1

The information is the same just the tag name has changed to make one department happy as all department had different tagging.

I apologize in advance if I did a poor job explaning the question and say thanks in advance for any help.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
heinsite
in reply to: P&IDJason

There probably is, but I can't imagine that you really have so many attributes that it wouldn't be faster to simply list them (and the differences) and make the changes manually.  After all, this will be a one time thing.  If you had a lot of drawings to do this to it would make sense to automate it.  But not here (imho).

Dave.

------------------------------------------------------
Dave Hein, P.E.
Message 3 of 3
steven-g
in reply to: P&IDJason

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services