Did you mean: 

Text rotation off by 45 degrees

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
bgingerich
696 Views, 7 Replies

Text rotation off by 45 degrees

This is just a basic block to specify a section plane.  What I would like to have is a BPT with 4 rotation options (0, 90 180, 270) that would rotate the whole block but it would keep the text upright and be able to stretch the ends of the arrows.  I know I must be including/not including something important.  Pointers on how to do this right are much appreciated.

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Brandon Gingerich
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Charles_Shade
in reply to: bgingerich

Got both Attribs to move with the Polar Action but have not been able to get them to remain horizontal.

This is a case where not to use a Parameter Set but rather a Polar Parameter and Polar Stretch Action. This way the Upper A can be included to Stretch and Rotate and the Lower A can be included to Rotate only.

Block is TEST in the Drawing File

Message 3 of 8
bgingerich
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Yeah, that's what I was getting too.  I could also get everything to rotate -90 degrees but any other way would make the text/attrib fly all over the place.  Also in yours, I see that if the block is rotated via the polar, then the text is rotated, it is off by 45 degrees.  Any ideas why that is?

After a couple of hours working on it and trying everything (or so I thought), I was finally able to come up with this.  Need to redraw this with attrib's instead of text, but at least it's there now.  Added two rotate parameters with individual actions instead of one parameter with two actions (one being offset).  Though now that I think about it, I didn't try the polar approach with two individuals (which would be nicer than a lookup table. Hmm...

─────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
Brandon Gingerich
Message 4 of 8

And ain't that a conundrum?

I can't get this to work on the upper A

Message 5 of 8

Message 6 of 8
ojuris

hi

look at this variant

Juris

Message 7 of 8
bgingerich
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Thanks, Charles.  That's pretty much what I wanted to do.  You stretched just one side (I think I did it in my example come to think of it) so now it's just a matter of picking your block apart so I can do it myself to both sides.

@Juris.  That is definetly a different way of doing it, but it is not going to work for my purposes.  I was looking for a way to stretch both sides to enable me to place this block in the center of the object I'm sectioning and stretch out to one side.  Thanks for the input and a different perspective.

Brandon Gingerich
Message 8 of 8
Charles_Shade

We kept including the upper A in the Stretch Frame for the Polar Action.

When I moved the Box so that the upper A mimicked the lower A and was not included inside the Stretch Frame it worked fine.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services