Community
Dynamic Blocks Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestions Please: Dimension inside D.B. action isn't working.

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
jarredmonday
622 Views, 6 Replies

Suggestions Please: Dimension inside D.B. action isn't working.

Attached is a simply box with a dimension and a grip to adjust the location of the text of the dimension.

Currently when I stretch the box the dimension text is staying 5' from the left when it should should always be centered with the box unless I decide it shouldn't be. The grip action is doing exactly what I entended, but the text for the dim isn't staying centered with the box. Everything is perfect except when I lengthen the box.

e.g. With a 50' length box the dimension text should to be at 25' (just as the grip is doing).

Thank you in advance for any suggestion.

J.Monday

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
AcadAdamLT
in reply to: jarredmonday

Set the stretch action for the text to distancemultiplier 0,5 instead of 1,0.

That should stretch the text only half the distance which results in text always being centered.

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2016
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Message 3 of 7
KimBruns

A simpler solution is just to set the dim to the Home position and it will stay centered.  You don't need a separate Action for the dim text.

Kim

Product Design Suite 2016
Windows 7 Professional x64
Intel Xeon E31270 @ 3.4GHz
16GB RAM
NVIDIA Quadro 2000
Message 4 of 7
Charles_Shade
in reply to: KimBruns

Downside to that is that the Dimtext cannot be relocated without exploding the block if the OP needs to for some reason.

Message 5 of 7
jarredmonday

I am constantly moving the dimension text for clarity reasons. I've been working on this, as well, and I think I have it where I want it, for now.

Thank you for the suggestion.

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 6 of 7

Okay now is over.

Why are you using a Dimension string with the dimension overwritten to acheive your Text?

Why not an Attribute? With Fields?

Does the Length ever change?

Width?

Depth?

Do you want this to do more?

You've worked in to a fairly complicated block that is quite limited in what can be achieved in the end.

What really do you need this to do?

Remember to REGEN

Message 7 of 7

The dimension strings isn't being overwritten. It has a Dim Prefix e.g 6x18xDIM. I have created multiple dblocks with different heights and depths. The overall length does change often.

I like the idea of the attribute with fields. It would cut down the amount of dblocks in half but with my co-workers thinking you have to type "LINE" and "ERASE" to draw a line and erase it. It would be a daily chore to remind them to REGEN. I should just make them do it and deal with it. (I think "L" is easier than "LINE")

Thanks for you post. I will definitely use this for something.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services