Community
Dynamic Blocks Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stretch objects, hold pt on end of one object.

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
doni49
741 Views, 7 Replies

Stretch objects, hold pt on end of one object.

Using Acad 2012. 

I've got a DynBlock in which I need to use a polyline that LOOKS like a leader.  Normally, I would use a regular mleader.  But this is for a special case.

I've drawn the arrow head as a polyline that is 0 wide at the start and then at the other end is wider.  Then there's another polyline running from the same start pt up to the shoulder then to the cirlce.  I need to keep the shoulder horizontal and maintain the same length.  I placed a pt parameter at the center of the circle.  I've constrained the shoulder to be horizontal.  I constrained the arrow head (polyline) to be parallel to the leader (polyline).

When I attempt to use the stretch, EVERYTHING except the arrow head moves.  But I need the end of the leader to maintain the same pt as the arrow head start.

How can I get to to allow me to stretch so the circle, attrib and the shoulder portion of the leader move but the rest of the leader remain connected to the insertion pt (and the arrow head stays parallel to it)?

DynBlock_StructNo.png

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Libbya
in reply to: doni49

I'd get rid of the constraints and use a polar stretch with just rotate applied to the arrow point and a chained point move for the other bits...  like attached...

Message 3 of 8
doni49

Thanks.  That's EXTREMELY impressive.  But I see one issue with it that I'd like to improve.  When it gets flipped, I'd like for it to keep the arrow head pointing at the insertion point.  But it's not doing it.

In the first image, I've placed your version of the block at the end of the white line.  In the second image, I've flipped it.

StructNo_BeforeFlip.png

StructNo_AfterFlip.png

When I attempted to make the change myself, I picked up the flip object and moved it to the end of the arrow head.  Then when testing it, if i flip it, there's a huge gap between the shoulder and the leader.

Don Ireland

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 4 of 8
doni49

Ok.  As if that's not strange enough.....

I've noticed that not only does it put a big gap between the leader and shoulder, when I flip it back and forth, it seems to "walk across my screen".

StructNo_BeforeFlipV2.png

StructNo_Flip1.png

StructNo_Flip2.png

Don Ireland

Message 5 of 8
Libbya

Alrighty.  Ditch the chained point move and add a separate stretch action to the polar parameter (same point) that moves the bubble, number and shoulder.  Move the flip parameter to the arrow point.  See attached.

Message 6 of 8
Libbya
in reply to: Libbya

The 'odd' behavior you noted is because the flip action was moving the chained point move AND flipping the other parts.  The result is that the bubble, number and shoulder got both flipped and also moved the additional amount by the chained point move.  

Message 7 of 8
doni49

Thanks a bunch.  That's extremely impressive.  And the speed with which you did too!

I don't get to tinker with these DynBlocks nearly enough!

Don Ireland

Message 8 of 8
doni49

@Libbya wrote:

The 'odd' behavior you noted is because the flip action was moving the chained point move AND flipping the other parts.  The result is that the bubble, number and shoulder got both flipped and also moved the additional amount by the chained point move.  

I kind of figured it was something along those lines but I was having trouble finding it.

Don Ireland

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services