Did you mean: 

Stretch and flip actions not working together

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Ebbe_T_Hansen
1126 Views, 7 Replies

Stretch and flip actions not working together

The attached file is showing a detail mark in 2 versions.

The one to the left is working as it should, in the sense that you can place the leader in any position, and you can flip the direction if you want to. However it would be more convenient to flip around the detail mark center.

This is attempted in the block to the right, but if you try to flip the leader and text, it is displaced in an unpredicted way.

It seems like a simple problem, and I guess that the actions sort of doubles the movement, but I still have not been able to figure out how to do this right.

Hope someone can explain this.

/Ebbe

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Libbya
in reply to: Ebbe_T_Hansen

Get rid of the chained point move and add a Stretch action (not polar stretch) to the polar parameter to move the line and attribute.  See attached. 

Message 3 of 8
Ebbe_T_Hansen
in reply to: Libbya

Thanks a lot.

The reason for the point move in my block, which was located centered above the base line, was that I would like to later add elements that would maintain reading order from left to right when the baseline is flipped. So problem is solved, with the option of solving another.

Message 4 of 8
Libbya
in reply to: Ebbe_T_Hansen

Ok, the chained point move can stay.  The reason for the doubling of the movement of the line is that the flip moves the chained point move which in turn moves the line AND the flip was moving the line.  With the point move centered in the line, you can flip just the point move and remove the line from the flip selection set.  You also need to add a stretch action to the polar parameter to move the point move as the alignment gets messed up with a polar stretch moving it.  See attached.

Message 5 of 8
Libbya

You could also do something like this if you always want the line to flip if you go past the centerline of the detail circle.  See attached.

Message 6 of 8
Ebbe_T_Hansen

Thanks again. I tried to add some linework dependent on direction, and it works perfect.

/Ebbe

Message 7 of 8
lemontini

Could You please help me to understand this Your black magic with this automatic-flipping-text-while-crossing-the-vertical-line-of-the-block? I've been searching for such solution like, forever. And now I accidentally stumbled into Your message like into a holy grail :). Trying to "decompile" it, but still cannot understand what makes it work as it does.

In the Lookup parameter table You specified Flipped state as "F" and Not flipped - as "NF". So what? What does it make? I couldn't find any more traces where these two abreviations are used to "sense" that the text should be flipped according to current position of the Move grip. Are those some kind of global constants?

ANY help would be appreciated...

Message 8 of 8
Libbya
in reply to: lemontini

You should make sure that the system variable BACTIONBARMODE = 0.  That will allow you to see BOTH lookup actions that are associated with the Lookup1 parameter.  If you double-click on the lookup action it will open the table.  The Lookup2 table has the polar Angle added as an Input Property and has the appropriate values added on the input property rows so that they correctly correspond to the Lookup Properties on the right of the table.  The second table has the same Lookup Property names (very important) and 'allows reverse lookup' (each Lookup Proprty row corresponds to only a single Input Property row).  The Lookup2 table evaluates the value of the polar Angle and then acts as a trigger to change the flip value on Lookup1.  There are details on how to create double lookups in other threads.  The second page of this thread has details:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/dynamic-blocks/ootb-multiple-visibility-states-solution/td-p/4961288/h...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services