Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange behaviour-Rotate action

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
SocratesF
189 Views, 4 Replies

Strange behaviour-Rotate action

I just recently noticed a strange behaviour when using the rotate action with the toilet dynamic block. Insert the 'toilet' from the tool palette and select the 'elongated (plan)' view. Then rotate it 90 degrees using the rotate action of the dynamic block (using the circle grip) then rotate it again to it's initial angle. Now you notice that the block didn't really return to it's initial state, If you zoom in you will notice that the horizontal and vertical lines of the block appear jagged. Select Tools->Inquiry->Distance and select the endpoints of the upper horizontal line you will notice that DeltaY is now different than 0.000.
Anybody else have experienced this?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
whdjr
in reply to: SocratesF

Make sure your rotation action does not contain any other actions, parameters are ok but not actions.
Message 3 of 5
SocratesF

What do you mean by 'my rotation action'? I am just using a block shipped with Autocad 2006. I did not create this block. Maybe I didn't understand you correctly?
Message 4 of 5
whdjr

If it is an Autodesk block then it's probably snapping to something. check your osnaps and your snap setting.
Message 5 of 5
SocratesF

Nope! The osnaps are off. I finally found out that there is a problem with the block itself. I edited the block and now works ok. I am curious because nobody has noticed this. I have attached the file if anybody wants to try it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services