Did you mean: 

Steel Beam Profile section inclination

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
kostastomp
993 Views, 7 Replies

Steel Beam Profile section inclination

Hello,

I have designed a steel profile HEB 300 as a dynamic block.

I used visibility states so that it can be shown in section view and two side views.

I also added a linear and rotate parameter in order for the beam to have variable angle and length (length is avaliable only for the side views).

As next step, I would like to add the ability to change the angle of the section plane at the start and end of the beam, when is it in the side view.

I tried to play with constrain parameters but I messed it up. It's a nice challenge and I would like to take the time to accomplish it on my own, but I am in the middle of a project right now and I don't have convinience of experimenting.

If anyone can help, I would really appreciate it.

P.S. Is there any extensive tutorial (book/video) about dynamic blocks and constraints (geometric and parameter)? I have seen a few examples here and there but none of them goes in depth, they only show the very basic commands.

section.png

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
ojuris
in reply to: kostastomp

do You plan insert any other profiles in this block or in 1 block only 1 profile (HEB 300 in this case)?

Regards, Juris

Message 3 of 8
ojuris

try that

Juris

Message 4 of 8
kostastomp
in reply to: ojuris

Yes only one profile per block.
So that it doesn't get messy. But if there is a possibility to have them all in one place without a mess, then I would love to hear about it!
Can you upload it in an earlier version plz? I am using autocad 2012.
Thank you very much!
Message 5 of 8
ojuris

2010 version

Message 6 of 8
kostastomp
in reply to: ojuris

Hahahahaha brilliant!!!!
However not exaclty what I was hoping for.

The way you did it the one side rotates clockwise and the other counter clock wise, so that the whole shape becomes kinda like a boat.

To get it upside down (reverse boat shape) can be done using the angle parameter. Ok, but this works for symmetric only profile sections.

Another limitation on this method is that the two sides cannot both rotate clockwise or counterclockwise (3rd shape).

I don't want to sound unthankfull. I really appreciate your time and effort. It just doesn't work as I wanted. Anyway, thank you very much.

section2.png

Message 7 of 8
Libbya

Put the base point of both of the additional linear parameters at the start of the block and it will give you the other option you are looking for.  I'd also center the actions on the yellow center line. 

As an aside, in order to simplify the block, I would combine the original linear stretch and rotate actions into a single grip polar parameter/polar stretch.

See attached.

Message 8 of 8
kostastomp
in reply to: Libbya

Thanks! I will chech it out as soon as I get home.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services