Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spastic Alignment

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
clippincott-CL
350 Views, 2 Replies

Spastic Alignment

I was kind of surprised someone hasn't already created a post about this, at least I wasn't able to find one.  The problem I'm having is that the blocks I use the "Alignment" paramter on don't always just snap to the surface or line or whatever I'm trying to get it to snap to.  A lot of the time they will flutter rapidly back and forth from one side of the line (or whatever) to the other as I'm trying to place the block where I want it to be.  I usually end up having to place the block two or three times until I am able to get it to align correctly.

I've tried changing the length of the dotted blue "Alignment" line when I creat the block, sometimes short, sometimes long, and it doesn't really seem to make a difference.  Other than that I don't know how to make the block more stable when I'm trying to get it to align with something.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Any solutions?  Thanks in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
steven-g
in reply to: clippincott-CL

Alignment can be a bit tricky, I don't fully understand how it decides how to align, but it does depend on which side of an object you have the cursor, try and keep the cursor slightly to the left or right (above or below) the object you are trying to align too, if you have the cursor over a line for example then the block will keep flipping about but keep the cursor slightly to one side or the other and it should behave a bit better.

Message 3 of 3
jberns-newell
in reply to: steven-g

I realize this is an old post, but since I have begun using dynamic blocks more frequently as of late, I thought I could contribute to this thread.

I noticed that a block will align "sooner" to objects if you increase the value of the system variable, APERTURE. As I recall, the APERTURE value, which relates to pixels, originally controlled the object snap box size. It was later replaced by AutoSnapSize, but APERTURE still has effects on some AutoCAD behavior.

If you increase the value of APERTURE, the block alignment behavior is effected. If APERTURE is changed to a value of 50, the block will align when it is within 50 pixels of geometry. The larger the APERTURE, the "sooner" the block will align.

This is also true when using polar tracking. The larger the APERTURE value, the sooner AutoCAD will snap or lock to the polar track line.

Hope this is helpful.

Regards,

Jerry

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services