Dynamic Blocks

Valued Contributor
cve60069
Message 1 of 2 (189 Views)
Accepted Solution

Sharing parameters between blocks

189 Views, 1 Replies
11-20-2013 05:45 AM

I wish to have a single dimension alter the dimensions in a set of nested blocks, similar to shared parameters in Revit. For example, I have a circle that has a fixed diameter that I wish to control in all blocks.  I have set the diameter to barDia so now I wish to manipulate the dimension from outside the block.

Am I able to share the parapeter across all the blocks, please?

Regards

No, you can't share it between your blocks.

But however, if all blocks are similar or of a similar type/name or other properties you can use Qselect to select all blocks in a drawing containing that parameter and edit the value of all those blocks in properties window.

(Use a stretch action to alter the dimension)

Valued Mentor
AcadAdamLT
Message 2 of 2 (167 Views)

Re: Sharing parameters between blocks

11-21-2013 03:16 AM in reply to: cve60069

No, you can't share it between your blocks.

But however, if all blocks are similar or of a similar type/name or other properties you can use Qselect to select all blocks in a drawing containing that parameter and edit the value of all those blocks in properties window.

(Use a stretch action to alter the dimension)

Signature, sincerely... //Adam
AutoCad LT 2014
Give Kudos where credit is due, Mark "accepted as solution" if the post solved your question.
Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Are You Going To Be @ AU 2014? Feel free to drop by our AU topic post and share your plans, plug a class that you're teaching, or simply check out who else from the community might be in attendance. Ohh and don't forgot to stop by the Autodesk Help | Learn | Collaborate booths in the Exhibit Hall and meet our community team if you get a chance!