Did you mean: 

Rotation in dynamic blocks

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Oakhillarchitects
604 Views, 3 Replies

Rotation in dynamic blocks

I'm hoping someone who knows more than I do can help. I'm trying to create my perfect dynamic block for a light switch. I've gotten it to work exactly as I'd like with one exception, which is why I'm turning to the forum. For purely graphic purposes we have created the S for the switch and the number designators as actual linework and not text, and I'd love to be able to keep it that way. This may or may not help the situation.

When I anchor the block to a wall, I've got the block working so that I can then rotate it  and the S rotates accordingly. Because the S is is the same when upside down, it looks fine oriented up, down, or on either side. The number designator associated with it (currently) maintains its relative position to the S, but maintains it's original orientation. What I would like is for the designator to rotate with the S, BUT I only want it to be oriented so that it is either rotated 0 degrees or 90 degrees (exactly how the text gets oriented in dimension strings). I don't want the designator to ever be rotated 180 degrees or 270 degrees.

I've attached a file with the Block shown in the 4 cardinal orientations as is, how I'd like it to look (exploded), and how I don't want it to look (also exploded), all labeled accordingly in the file. I'm working in 2013 Autocad LT, if that makes any difference.

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
ojuris
in reply to: Oakhillarchitects

Is this what You want?
Message 3 of 4
ojuris
in reply to: Oakhillarchitects

Message 4 of 4
Oakhillarchitects
in reply to: ojuris

That's exactly it! Thank you, I've never played with Lookup Tables, but that was the trick. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services