Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reving it up

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
felt33
547 Views, 7 Replies

Reving it up

This may sound stupid, but can anyone tell me how to get my revision level to update in all instances of an attributed title block. I've tried attsync to no avail.
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: felt33

is it an xreffed block ?

if so, that works like a nesting level and can interfere with attribute/field updating.

when i xref a titleblock, i make sure it is not a block to begin with.

wrote in message news:6336961@discussion.autodesk.com...
This may sound stupid, but can anyone tell me how to get my revision level to update in all instances of an attributed title block.
I've tried attsync to no avail.
Message 3 of 8
felt33

Thanks for the response Doug. No, it's not an xref. It's just a plain old attributed block. I'd love to post it but I don't think I'm allowed to.
Message 4 of 8
dabruce

if you use just one rev block then "GATTE" will update the attributes accross layouts..

The problem will come if you use the same block for every revision for example is use the same block for Rev A as I do for Rev B and I also like to keep the various revision blocks on the drawing.

Gatter would update the field "REV" accross all of the blocks not just those specifically for Rev A or Rev B. you could rename the blocks REv A block Rev B block etc. but this is a long winded way of doing it.

This is the only way I know of that will update all instances of a block.
Message 5 of 8
Modman_4

Have you thought instead of going into your drawing properties and, on the custom tab, creating one with a Name of ReviewStatus or some such thing, and a value of Preliminary, or Revision 1 etc? Then you could create a piece of MText and in it put a field that "calls" that value. Then, when you go back into your Drawing Properties and change that value, a regen will update all copies of that piece of MText throughout your drawing.
I hope my info was useful, but if by some odd chance it actually solved your issue, feel free to mark your post as "Accept as Solution". Thanks! 🙂
Message 6 of 8
felt33

would this be under the "custom properties" in the help menu? I only just started working with them and I don't have a full knowledge of their workings yet.
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

File menu (though if you 2009 or 10 version who knows where they are now)

wrote in message news:6340862@discussion.autodesk.com...
would this be under the "custom properties" in the help menu? I only just
started working with them and I don't have a full knowledge of their
workings yet.
Message 8 of 8
jcourtne

I solve this problem with lisp. If you search those forurms you can proably find code to change block attributes.
The great thing about lisp is you can run a script on multiple drawings that calls your lisp function.
Therefore it would be possible to "RevUP" 1000 drawings in about 15min.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services