Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regular Block - Annotative Questions

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
GTVic
245 Views, 1 Reply

Regular Block - Annotative Questions

Is there a case where you would make the text inside a block annotative? Or would you just always leave that off and make the entire block annotative?

Just to confirm, when you make a block annotative, the scales assigned to that block are set by the user in the individual drawing? So they would insert the block and then attach scales to it and I as the block creator don't have to worry about what scales they might use.

If I make all the blocks auto-rotate to match the viewport, that seems like it might be a good feature (maybe not for all blocks) but it might tick people off if they want custom rotations, is there a solution or recommendation for that?
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Modman_4
in reply to: GTVic

I have never autorotated blocks, but there's always a first time. What does your help section say about annotative text and annotative blocks?

Here's a bit of info you might not know. If you haven't set your CANNOSCALE in modelspace it will be 1:1 and that is the scale any annotative block will attempt to insert at. I set mine to 1/4" = 1'-0". I also create blocks such as a light switch or wall outlet receptacle in paperspace, at the size I wish the plotted sheet to show them. When they are made annotative they adopt the 1:1 scale as the one they were created at, but when I insert them in modelspace they adopt the current CANNOSCALE (1/4"). Now the same block can go in a legend and on the model. I believe you have to set the list of scales you wish the block to be visible at for any other scaled viewports. I think there's also a setting to make the blocks automatically adjust to new viewport scales.
I hope my info was useful, but if by some odd chance it actually solved your issue, feel free to mark your post as "Accept as Solution". Thanks! 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services