Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Section" cut marker with ATTDEF's - can't move ends independently

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
wolfgrrl
600 Views, 4 Replies

"Section" cut marker with ATTDEF's - can't move ends independently

I've got a section marker (the letter designation with arrowheads pointing in the direction of the cut) that I cannot get to behave correctly.

When I set a parameter to one end with a move action, in order to have the arrowhead and attdef for the letter designation move upwards, all is well. When I try to do the same to the other end, the letter desingation attdef will not move.

Neither attdef is set to "Lock Position", so I'm puzzled why one works and the other end does not. I've tried a move action on both ends and a combination of move/stretch, but I can't get it to work.

Block is attached.

If someone could point me in the right direction, I'd appreciate it! Thanks in advance!

Autocad Mechincal 2012 on Windows 7 64-bit
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
nestly
in reply to: wolfgrrl

I'm not entirely sure what's going on, but the lower attribute you see in the model is not the same attribute that's in the block editor.  (if you delete it in the block editor, and it still shows up in model space.

I'd recommend recreating the block from scratch, and keep everything off the Defpoints layer, which is know to cause unexpected visibility issues.

Message 3 of 5
ojuris
in reply to: wolfgrrl

if I understand corretcly

Message 4 of 5
hwalker
in reply to: ojuris

You can try this as well

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 5 of 5
wolfgrrl
in reply to: hwalker

For some reason, when placed in a dwg, it behaves correctly. In the block dwg, it does not.

Go figure.

Autocad Mechincal 2012 on Windows 7 64-bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services