Did you mean: 

problem with dimensions in contraint dynamic block

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
vsrisaichaitanya
368 Views, 2 Replies

problem with dimensions in contraint dynamic block

I MADE SOME DYNAMIC BLOCKS USING CONTRAINTS (WITH OUT CONTRAINTS PARAMETERS THESE BLOCKS ARE DIFFUCULT TO DEFINE USING NORMAL LINEAR, POINT PARAMTERS ETC ) ,THESE BLOCKS CONTAIN DIMENSIONS ALSO.THESE BLOCKS ARE WORKING FINE IN THE GEOMETRY BUT THE PROBLEM IS WITH DIMENSIONS ARE NOT UPDATE IN PROPER WAY IN BLOCK REFERENCES ,THESE DIMENSIONS BEHAVE VERY DIFFERENT WAY ,UNDER INTIAL INSERT OF BLOCK AND CHANGING BLOCK PROPERTIES TABLE CORREPONDING TO THE PARAMETER IN BLOCK, GEOMETRY IS UPDATING BUT DIMENSIONS ARE NOT UPDATING...IF I CHANGE BLOCK PROPERTY TABLE TWO ARE THREE TIMES THEN DIMENSIONS ARE UPDATING ACCORDING TO GEOMETRY...ANOTHER PROBLEM IS UNDER CTRL+C AND CRTL+V  THE DIMENSION IN NEW REFERENCE ARE AGAIN NOT UPDATING...I AM ATTACHING A SAMPLE BLOCK....LIKE SOME SO MANY BLOCK ARE THERE..PLEASE RESOLVE MY PROBLEM IT HELPS SO MUCH IN MY WORK....THANKS IN ADVANCE

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Libbya
in reply to: vsrisaichaitanya

It all sems to work fine for me.  That said, I only use constraints as a last resort as their behavior is often erratic and unpredictable.  Unless the block you posted is a simplified version of the real block, I would make it up with a lookup table and dynamic parameters and actions instead of constraints and block properties.

Message 3 of 3

I GOT SOLUTION TO THE ABOVE PROBLEM...BY DIMREGEN,REGEN COMMANDS IN SEQUENCE GIVING THE UPDATED BLOCK REFERNCES WITH RESPECTED TO DIMENSIONS...SO I AM CLOSING THIS ISSUE...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services