Community
Dynamic Blocks Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Position of attributes unexpectedly changes when I re-open a drawing.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
IMPP
5332 Views, 8 Replies

Position of attributes unexpectedly changes when I re-open a drawing.

Hi,

I've have recently created a set of dynamic blocks containing lines and various attributes.

These are all saved in their own AutoCAD document for use on other drawings when needed.

I insert them into a new drawing via The ADCENTER and update The attributes as needed.

So far no problems So I save and close The drawing.

However; when I re-open The drawing to continue working on it, The position of my attribute text in The dynamic blocks has moved!! This is very frustrating.

So far I have been able to solve The problem by opening a block it in The block editor, highlighting The attribute text, changing The justification to one that I do not want and then changing it back to The justification I do want. Once I save and exit The block editor then all The attributes on The dynamic block are back in The correct positions.

This is all very odd. Does anyone know why This is happening in The first place and if there is a better solution than me having to play with The attributes every time I re-open a drawing?

Also note - I do not get This problem on The AutoCAD document containing The original dynamic blocks. The attributes are in The correct positions every time I open This drawing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

imp

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Charles_Shade
in reply to: IMPP

-Are the Attributes Locked? Highlite an Attrib, while in the Block Editor, and at the bottom of the Properties window check to make sure.

-Did you create the DynBlk from an existing Block with Attribs? If so you may need to remove and replace the attributes to get them to stay put.

For Attributes to function properly in a Dynamic Block they must be LOCKED. Default action when adding an Attrib to a Dynamic Block is for it to be Locked.

Existing blocks with Attribs that are to be revised to Dynamic Blocks typically need to be toggled to Locked or the Attrib removed and replaced during the process.

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 3 of 9
IMPP

Hi,

thanks for you reply.

I went back and checked wether the atributes were locked or not and they were.

however - your second point on recreating the attributes prompted me to have a look at them as i had copied and pasted from other blocks.

My attributes had the following mode options ticked: "Lock position" and "Multiple Lines".

after a bit of trial and error it seems that i only get the problem when i tick the "Multiple lines" Mode.

So basically - i'm not going to use this mode any more and just use the "Lock position" mode only.

The pain is though that this is one of the only attribute properties i cannot change in the properties bar (its greyed out). so i'm going to have to go in to all my dynamic blocks and recreate the attributes. ggrrr.

another thing to note is that this problem only presented itself when i had rotated the dynamic block!

thanks again for your help.

imp

Message 4 of 9
Charles_Shade

Post one of them. It may be that the Rotate Action Selection Set needs to be corrected.

i.e.: Does the Rotate Action include another Parameter AND its Action when it should only include the Parameter?

Please mark any response as "Accept as Solution" if it answers your question.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous

I was also having issues with my blocks/attributes. Try typing in "SAVEFIDELITY" and set it to 0. This worked for me.

Message 6 of 9
Mouse_Clicker
in reply to: Anonymous

I just had this issue pop up myself.

Changing "SAVEFIDELITY" did not solve the issue. Any other solutions?

To add a bit more insight. The block I'm using has two different text attributes, only one of them is experiencing this issue.

Civil 3-D 2017, TBC
Message 7 of 9
peterjwinberg

I just posted about this issue as well, last week (here). I only have the problem when there's a rotate action involved. No solution yet, only workarounds (that I don't like).

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

We have been dealing with the same issue in our office. Attributes would be in the right spot on one machine and once opened on another they would shift, no telling why. 

We tried comparing settings, isolating culprit machines etc, but there was only ever so much time we could allocate to this! 

Fast forward to 2 years later, and finally have solved it. For the attribute to stay in place it needed to be single line, and "left" justify instead of "bottom left". 

Hope this work around helps someone else, as nothing else has worked for us... Gremlins are crafty!

Message 9 of 9

For me the problem was solved by changing default file save format to most recent version. Also need to _attsync the block before saving. After reopening everything was ok.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services