Did you mean: 

Polar Stretch - Linear parameter stretch with polar

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
mwhea
1885 Views, 5 Replies

Polar Stretch - Linear parameter stretch with polar

Hey,

I am trying to be able to have my outreach arm stretch horizontally and on angles of 5 / 10 / 15 degrees from the pole. I have been able to make the polar stretch for this and it works fine though what i am trying to do is have the luminaire height also stretch and move when the size of the outreach changes (i can make the linear dimension work the way i want though not the luminaire parameter) as when you add the paremter into the stretch action is only moves the top and leaves the bottom at the same location which is not giving me the correct height. 

The block itself is alot more complicated then this I have stripped most of the parameters out to make it less confusing but the end result would allow the user to input the outreach angle, outreach length and luminaire height. I have attached drawing for your reference.

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
steven-g
in reply to: mwhea

Does this block have the movement that you mean. It's not 100% operational and ignore the size (this was just a test)

The height is reported using a field because dimensions go all over the place, and another problem I am finding is that as the block is stretched, then the reported angle changes, maybe someone else can see how to fix that, it looks like the base of the rotation isn't included in the other stretch actions.

Message 3 of 6
steven-g
in reply to: steven-g

Ok got the rotation working!

Message 4 of 6
mwhea

Steven,

Thanks, but this is not exactly what i was after, see in the original example the polar stretch actually had the ability to change the angle and distance of the ourtreach though i wanted the luminaire height parameter to act much like i had the dimension line so that when the outreach changed distance or angle it would also stretch / move the luminaire height parameter as it does with the linear distance annotation. 

I have attached another example show an actual luminaire mounted to the pole with some parameters. 

Message 5 of 6
steven-g
in reply to: mwhea

Sorry I did leave it a bit unclear, tried a few things and the angles where not working. Is this more what you are after.

Message 6 of 6
mwhea

Kinda, thought the luminaire height is the 1180 figure not the pole height. I think i might make it a bit simpler task and change have the outreach as a seperate lookup table and have the rest of the block as a block table.

Thanks Steven

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services