Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parametric Dynamic Blocks - How?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Myoula
979 Views, 1 Reply

Parametric Dynamic Blocks - How?

Can someone point me to a tutorial that shows how to set up a dynamic block so I can control the size of an object through paramtric dimensions that are linked (somehow) to a lookup table, spreadsheet, list, etc.?

What I'm trying to do (simplified) is place a block of a rectangle, select a size from a dropdown list, and have the block change to be that size - but I don't want to do this through visibility states as there are hundreds of sizes. The whole point is to be able to construct a list, lookup table, excel sheet, etc and link it to parametric dimensions in the block, or at least be able to link a stretch action to parametric dimensions. But the block editor will not allow me to associate a stretch action with a parametric dimension (at least I haven't figured out how to do this.)

Thanks for any help.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
M_Hensley
in reply to: Myoula

Make a stretch action with the parameter set to list, then add all the sizes you need to the list. You can do this for both directions then set the visible grips to zero for both parameters and use a lookup table to control it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services