Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object field in attribute won't update

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
430 Views, 7 Replies

Object field in attribute won't update

I have created a dynamic block of a ceiling fan. In the dynamic block, I have a distance & scale paramater that allows the user to select between 9 different diameter fans. I am trying to create and attribute that refers to either the diameter of the outer circle of the ceiling fan, or the distance of the linear dimension. Either way, once the block in inserted into a drawing, the field won't update when the fan is strectched. Has anyone else run into this problem or am I missing a step? I have attached my dynamic block for your use. Thanks for any help.
Jason
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

If you post dynamic block drawing files here, please insert your block into another drawing. Don't post just the dynamic block
drawing file, because then any one interested has to save the file to their local machine and then insert it into another drawing to
be able to test it out. If you load up the drawing where the block has been inserted into, you can just open up that drawing file
and run bedit on the block.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

Sorry about that. Thanks for the heads up. Here is the corrected file.

Jason
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

I added a text object within your block with at field linked to the circle diameter. I could never get the attribute to link
correctly.
You have to do a regen after you change the diameter to get the text object to update to the current diameter.
I also changed the distance parameter to midpoint, so that it stays on the circle points. You had it as a startpoint which caused
the grips to shift when you stretched them.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Actually the attribute does seems to update OK if it's a new insert.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Thanks for helping with the midpoint. I didn't even notice that was off. Must have been staring at the attributes too hard. I had been able to get the text to read the diameter correctly, but I am really trying to get it into attribute form so it doesn't take up space on the screen. Even with a new insert, I couldn't get the attribute to update correctly. It stays stuck at 8'-0". We create table that reads all of the attributes and I need the diameter to list correctly in the table. I will just need to keep trying different options. Thanks again for your help.
Jason
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

As I said, when you insert the revised block from scratch, the attribute seems to work fine. Have you tried it?
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

That's interesting. I must have purged all refs to that block last time. Last time wouldn't work, just tried it again after your post and worked great! Thanks a ton!
jason

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services