Did you mean: 

Numbers of blocks?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
jz4all
922 Views, 12 Replies

Numbers of blocks?

Hi,

I would like to know the command that can help to know the numbers of a specific block in the drawing?

because when anybody use several hunderds of blocks in one drwaing, it wlli be difficult to count the manually.

Anybody can help?

thanks

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
ojuris
in reply to: jz4all

May be  Quick Select  can help You?

Juris

Message 3 of 13
jz4all

Thanks for fast reaction. But is doesn't work.I want a command that can I mention the name of the block or to select a block to get the nummbers of all the bloks of this kind in the drawing.

Message 4 of 13
3wood

Command BCOUNT if you have Express installed.

3wood

CAD KITS

Message 5 of 13
jz4all

Thanks,

(BCOUNT) command works good when you have a seperated blocks and can be easely selected. But when you have a block by streching multiplys is self, then (BCOUNT) will consider it as one block.and even if you have seperated blocks but they exist among many objects and there is a risk that you can miss one or more of them, then it will be necessary to find more specific command to solve this.

Message 6 of 13
ToanDN

If you want to count dynamc blocks then use Select Similar and look at the count from the Property Palette.

Message 7 of 13
jz4all

Hi,

What do you mean by (Select Similar)?is there such command ? or how can I do that?

if you mean selecting blocks manually, then it will not solve the probem, because we are talking about hundreds blocks among many objects. More over the design in process , that means after any changing in the design, I have to re-count the blocks.And that cost time, energy, and possibility of making mistake which can cause losing a lot of money.

Message 8 of 13
ToanDN

What version of AutoCAD are you using?  Select a block, right click to open the context menu, and select Select Similar.  It, however, only selects the same blocks on the same layer.

Message 9 of 13
PepaR

Try count block tool form Talia Soft, please... see at attachment.

Message 10 of 13
ToanDN
in reply to: PepaR

Very slick.  Thanks for sharing.

Message 11 of 13
jz4all
in reply to: ToanDN

Hi,

ToanDN: thanks for your reaction. about what you asked, I use AutoCAD 2010.

I didn't find among the list context menu a choice (select similler).

to PapeR: Thanks for your reaction.I saw the attachement (maybe because of lack of knowledge !!!) I saw only library files without (.exe)file. how can I manage with your attachement to use it?can you explain please.

thankyou all

Message 12 of 13
PepaR

Copy allfiles frm count-blocks to Supported Path and load utility via command NETLOAD.

TAL_OPENBLOCKCOUNTER runs utility.

Message 13 of 13
jz4all

Thanks everybody for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services