Community
Dynamic Blocks Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Issue (hope to learn about constraints)

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Spiritshifterus
287 Views, 0 Replies

New Issue (hope to learn about constraints)

Hello, all.

I've learned much about the Dynamic Block Parameters & Actions. Now, I'd like to continue learning about Dynamic Blocks by trying to understand the Geometric Constraints and Constraint Parameters. I've dabbled with them a little and didn't like what I see.

Here is what I have been working on when I try to use constraints. I have several blocks which are simply a regular hexagon with a 2-line, T-bracket stemmed outside of it to mount the symbol on walls. What I'd like to see happen is have the base of the T-bracket be constrained to the midpoints of each hexagon side and the corner points. Furthermore, when the base of the bracket is at the midpoint of the hexagon side, I'd like the bracket constrained to perpendicular to the respective side. And when the T-bracket base is at a corner point, I'd like the bracket stem to be an outside continuation of the bisecting interior angle line.

I've attached a sample block, performing what I ask by using Move and Rotate actions. I was just hoping that I could lock the stem in to certain specific places, without I or another CADDer moving the bracket far, far away by accident by using Constraints.

I admit two things. First, what I try to do may not be possible with AutoCAD 2010. And second, what I want to do here has no rush on it whatsoever. I simply would like to learn about the Constraints, and where/when/why I might need them.

Thank you all.

Chris Martin

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

”Boost

”Tips

”Services